Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Lincoln has a cut on his nail bed which is infected but X-Ray shows that the infection has not spread to the bone. The foot was all bangaged up and treated with antibiotics from the vet and I have to give him them everyday for 2 weeks. Will have to take a pic of him ith his bandage its so cute!

The little guy also weighs 27 kilos :confused: Though he dosn't look overweight. Does he Ptolomy? (or anyone else who has seen him recently?)

Lincoln has a cut on his nail bed which is infected but X-Ray shows that the infection has not spread to the bone. The foot was all bangaged up and treated with antibiotics from the vet and I have to give him them everyday for 2 weeks. Will have to take a pic of him ith his bandage its so cute!

The little guy also weighs 27 kilos :( Though he dosn't look overweight. Does he Ptolomy? (or anyone else who has seen him recently?)

:) Put that fatty on diet! :confused: Just kidding he looks great.

The little guy also weighs 27 kilos :( Though he dosn't look overweight. Does he Ptolomy? (or anyone else who has seen him recently?)

:) Put that fatty on diet! :confused: Just kidding he looks great.

Not sure I will make it to Eden Hills tomorow Tiggy, will wait and see how the pup is feeling, what the weather is like and if he will let me tape a plastic bag around his bandage.

Me and Toby are going back to foundation work with agility to build on drive and focus so I don't think we will be at agility training for a few weeks.

Aww poor Lincoln and his sore foot. And no, he is far from overweight!

Really enjoyed agility last night. They want us to learn weaves already :( Ruby said no problem Mum :confused: She also said you don't mind if I miss a few here and there do you? But on the whole, 5 mins work and she was starting to understand the criteria, so I'm pretty chuffed! Gonna work on them tonight me thinks :)

valley, can I pretty please borrow your retrieving DVD sometime?

Yes I keep meaning to bring it to things! You have an obidience trial the 22nd right? I should be showing at K9 so if your trial is there I can give it to you then.

Jeeez Lincoln, toughen up! You are supposed to be a big strong retriever who crashes through the bush, can't let a little cut on your toe stop you :D :confused: ETA: Forgot the bit about 'getting well soon' :)

Really enjoyed agility last night. They want us to learn weaves already :) Ruby said no problem Mum :( She also said you don't mind if I miss a few here and there do you? But on the whole, 5 mins work and she was starting to understand the criteria, so I'm pretty chuffed! Gonna work on them tonight me thinks ;)

I think I'd better send someone a hurry up message about some weave bases!

Edited by amypie

Poor Beans and Lincoln :) Hope they are both all better soon!

vCBR, Lincoln is a good show puppy weight :) He isn't too fat but is covered. If not showing you possibly could drop a couple of kilos from him but seriously you don't look at him and think he needs to lose weight :confused:

Can someone make sure the forecast rain happens please? I am getting depressed looking at paddocks with no grass when they should be green by now :( Although it is making up think about moving again...

Poor Beans and Lincoln :) Hope they are both all better soon!

vCBR, Lincoln is a good show puppy weight :) He isn't too fat but is covered. If not showing you possibly could drop a couple of kilos from him but seriously you don't look at him and think he needs to lose weight :confused:

Can someone make sure the forecast rain happens please? I am getting depressed looking at paddocks with no grass when they should be green by now :( Although it is making up think about moving again...

Same feeling here Mirawee! Would love some green grass, instead of this yellow stuff!

Regardless of having the weave bases already or not, I don't think I could train a reliable 2x2 weave in 9 weeks! I was under the impression it would take a bit longer but would be more reliable in the end. I'll just keep going with the way I was doing last night and maybe train Millie with 2x2 at my leisure.

amypie, love your updated siggy!!!!! :confused::(:)

Did you buy the one from the weekend RS? i haven't watched it yet...

Yep! Haven't watched it yet either. Might put it on tonight if I get time :confused:

valley, can I pretty please borrow your retrieving DVD sometime?

Yes I keep meaning to bring it to things! You have an obidience trial the 22nd right? I should be showing at K9 so if your trial is there I can give it to you then.

Thanks! And yep, 22nd at K9.

Regardless of having the weave bases already or not, I don't think I could train a reliable 2x2 weave in 9 weeks! I was under the impression it would take a bit longer but would be more reliable in the end. I'll just keep going with the way I was doing last night and maybe train Millie with 2x2 at my leisure.

amypie, love your updated siggy!!!!! :confused::(:)

Susan Garret reckons you can train 12 poles in 12 days... think mine would take longer though!

Say good bye to taking months to teach a dog to weave and enter 12 poles in 12 Days. Yes you read that correctly, 12 poles in just 12 days. This video journal documents how Susan Garrett taught two dogs to weave from start to finish, all in a matter of few days, totaling less than 55 minutes of training time. Not quite believable is it? Especially if in the past you have struggled for months or even years with your own dog’s weave pole performance.

And thanks :)

Kenz learnt 2x2 weaving in about 3 weeks total.

Knew you'd pop up :confused: I wanted to teach 2x2 in a leisurely manner. It will take me 3 weeks just to watch and understand the DVD, let alone start teaching it!

:(:) For Beans & Lincoln. Get better soon guys!

Can someone make sure the forecast rain happens please? I am getting depressed looking at paddocks with no grass when they should be green by now :) Although it is making up think about moving again...

Yes, please let it rain!!! I went for a walk through our paddock this morning - pretty much dead!! Ive been feeding the sheep wattle prunings but I think theyre getting slightly sick of them.

Not doing the million paws walk this year. I have to go back to work on Sunday after 3 weeks holidays, not looking forward to it at all ;) ...

Ive just returned from a big bush walk with the girls, my sister, mum and aunty. Was very nice! Zola even got to have a run without being on her usual 10m lead. Of course as soon as she got off she darted off after a smell of some kind :confused: , but spent the rest of the walk pretty much with me. I think shes learning!! Wandy on the other hand, little miss perfect, didnt wander far from mummy at all, as usual! This particular spot of bush was burned last spring and it was nice to see some greenery coming back through it. Banksias, Dryandras, lots of little shrubs, even a white tiny orchid type thing. Unfortunately there were lots of old and dead trees that burned through and fell down, but I guess they will now serve as habitat for all the critters that live out there.

Rat

Say good bye to taking months to teach a dog to weave and enter 12 poles in 12 Days. Yes you read that correctly, 12 poles in just 12 days. This video journal documents how Susan Garrett taught two dogs to weave from start to finish, all in a matter of few days, totaling less than 55 minutes of training time. Not quite believable is it? Especially if in the past you have struggled for months or even years with your own dog’s weave pole performance.

Is that the 2x2 weaving method?

Forgot to add another 3 weeks to that total, to get the DVD back from amypie :confused:

Might grab it from you tomorrow night if that's ok? :(