Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hey Valley CBR - just wanted to say thanks for the run and the chat on Saturday at the show - the kids really enjoyed it :hug:

No problem! Showing is much more fun when you have someone else to do it with. :hug: Thanks for the obidience tips! Did you end up showing Cider on the Sunday?

Edited by valleyCBR

No problem! Showing is much more fun when you have someone else to do it with. :hug: Thanks for the obidience tips! Did you end up showing Cider on the Sunday?

Yes we did show on Sunday - she was a witch and standing wasn't in her vocab. Have now posted in the showing thread asking for help!

No problem! Showing is much more fun when you have someone else to do it with. :banghead: Thanks for the obidience tips! Did you end up showing Cider on the Sunday?

Yes we did show on Sunday - she was a witch and standing wasn't in her vocab. Have now posted in the showing thread asking for help!

:eek:

Have you read this:

http://www.dragonflyllama.com/%20DOGS/Writing/confstack.html

I have no idea how I have been teaching stand, at the moment I have to hand my arm under Lincoln as he thinks the judge running thier arm down his back is a cue to sit. :o

No problem! Showing is much more fun when you have someone else to do it with. :o Thanks for the obidience tips! Did you end up showing Cider on the Sunday?

:)

Have you read this:

http://www.dragonflyllama.com/%20DOGS/Writing/confstack.html

I have no idea how I have been teaching stand, at the moment I have to hand my arm under Lincoln as he thinks the judge running thier arm down his back is a cue to sit. :thanks:

:banghead::eek: Great website Valley!!! Im not even showing anymore, but I want to teach both my girls now - this has made stacking training alot more understandable!!

Glad everyone had a great weekend with their doggy sports!

Rat

When Ruby Star comes on can she pretty please link to the method she taught Ruby obidience retrieves? :)

It's called the "I don't really know what I'm doing, being my first attempt at dog training, but the dog seems to know what she's doing thank goodness!" method. I don't have a link to it, but can arrange one if required :)

Was very nice to meet you too fetchindawgs, thanks for the tips :rofl:

ST - soooooo not ready to be trialling! :) Ruby can't complete a whole retrieve on her own yet if it's too far away, but she is showing promise! She is mainly lacking confidence to keep looking. I am so impressed that she had 2 river crosses in one of her retrieves and still kept looking! She didn't realise it had landed a bank higher up than where she was. At one stage she couldn't find a nice entry into the water so she took a leap of faith and jumped in! :D Then on her return she had to climb that steep bank. I could see her using every ounce of strength she had to climb that bank, she struggled, but she managed to get up AND keep that dummy in her mouth! :thumbsup: But then when she had all 4 feet on the ground she dropped it to have a nice shake :) This is something I need to work on. And I need to work on her heelwork with that many smells and distractions around as she wants to get there quicker than me to get going!

When it wasn't her turn, she kept watching the dummy being launched with such focus, and she was whining and trembling in anticipation of being allowed to run and go get it.

The day was just fantastic, it was such a rush!!!!!!! :D

fetchindawgs / valleyCBR - can either of you please tell me what that new retrieving title is again? Something to do with a qualifying retrieving dog after successfully completing 5 trials? And is it an approved title yet or just an idea that is being tossed around?

fetchindawgs / valleyCBR - can either of you please tell me what that new retrieving title is again? Something to do with a qualifying retrieving dog after successfully completing 5 trials? And is it an approved title yet or just an idea that is being tossed around?

The new title is QND - qualified novice dog. It's for succsesfully completeing 5 novice trials (this means getting all 3 retrieves in each trial). Just to add to confusion the lowest Rally O title is RN.

RS I am sure you and Maggie were talking about Patty Chong (?) or sonthing like that that taught obidience retrieves and Maggie said that's what she used and you said that's how you taught Ruby for obidience ( or am I inventing a conversation now :thumbsup:)

According to the guys who took our group, that rule( of whatever you want to call it) is now recognised. Masons weak spots are that he will often fetch the item but

a- not come back to me directly, he will first say hello to other dogs.

b- not come back at all

c- come back and drop the bumper at liberty.....

So we have loads of work but I am teaming up with a lady who lives near me :thumbsup:

RS I am sure you and Maggie were talking about Patty Chong (?) or sonthing like that that taught obidience retrieves and Maggie said that's what she used and you said that's how you taught Ruby for obidience ( or am I inventing a conversation now :thumbsup:)

It's Shirley Chong :rofl: . Will you be at Eden Hill tonight?

Thanks for the name of the new title, it was driving me nuts what the actual letters were :thumbsup:

The link Amy posted is what you were after, and you were only half inventing a conversation :rofl: I used that method for Millie after I taught Ruby very adhoc. Though Ruby still has the stronger retrieve.

Thanks for the name of the new title, it was driving me nuts what the actual letters were :thumbsup:

The link Amy posted is what you were after, and you were only half inventing a conversation :rofl: I used that method for Millie after I taught Ruby very adhoc. Though Ruby still has the stronger retrieve.

Ruby is just an all round superstar :) .

It's Shirley Chong :rofl: . Will you be at Eden Hill tonight?

I am not sure. At this stage probably not. But I will be there on Thurs

The link Amy posted is what you were after, and you were only half inventing a conversation :) I used that method for Millie after I taught Ruby very adhoc. Though Ruby still has the stronger retrieve.

Ruby is just an all round superstar :) .

:rofl: Lucky I wasn't drinking coffee or it would have been spluttered all over my screen!

My "superstar" indulged in an entire container of 4Legs yesterday out of my training bag :) Bad dog, but but handler for leaving them there!!

The new title is QND - qualified novice dog. It's for succsesfully completeing 5 novice trials (this means getting all 3 retrieves in each trial). Just to add to confusion the lowest Rally O title is RN.

I would have thought there would be some reference to retrieving in that title. People will go "qualified in what?" :thumbsup:

My "superstar" indulged in an entire container of 4Legs yesterday out of my training bag :) Bad dog, but but handler for leaving them there!!

My superstar showed her agility skills by somehow getting from the middle of the dinning room table a HUGE fruit and nut toblerone while I was at the shop for a mere 20 minutes and mum was still in bed. When I came home I discovered a gift tag on the floor so went looking for what it should have been attached to and found Beans (yes the allergy child :thumbsup: ) thoroughly engrossed in her winnings. Yes I know chocolate and raisins are a NO NO :rofl: