Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS I didn't get Toby's run on video (thank god!) but I can pin point exacly in my mind the first stuff up that started the domino :love:.

Ok then :love: I wish I had gotten to see the course, or better yet, see your runs! But sleep was a much needed thing this morning. Been running on empty lately!

http://paytonstoybox.com/default.aspx

I dont know how these ones are, they arent australian though

Thanks Rach. Saw that link and that is actually what prompted me to post because theirs don't seem to have the rope in it. I do have regular slip leads I had made when I was going to try retrieving, so maybe I will just use those. So much easier than unclicking a lead each time.

I saw Cats in London and it's FANTASTIC! It's just so entertaining, you'll love it! :D

I hope so!!

I was meant to be going to see Cats tomorrow :rofl: But got much better tickets for the wekeend after the Nationals (Row A) :love:

Noice!! Not sure where our seats are, my sister got the tickets for us. I remember being row 2 for a Bollywood show, and that was a big mistake. You could smell the sweat :love:

I just watched videos on YouTube of Trick (Trix?) the black Lab 3rd run in retrieving. Awesome :D Still makes me want to do retrieving ;) Love the idea of the new title you were talking about Valley (what was the title actually called again?) but realistically, with only 4 training days, it seems almost impossible for a newbie to get into the sport. Wouldn't have a clue how to train the in between bits!

Valley, do you have somewhere where you can practice? If we lived closer together we could meet up to train.

RS - you and I live sort of close (SoR at least)

if we do it, maybe we can car pool? My plan is to get started after the national (show) and Ari is no longer in season... maybe we can start to work out something on Monday?

I have easy accsess to 2 acres of paddock (my backyard), then next door is 10 or 15 acres of scrub that we can run the dogs in. And behind is 100 hectares of bushland with a creek and a lake (and lots of kangaroos) so yes we have space out here to train thats for sure! :D We should wait for the next K9 and choose a day when shows/agility and obidience plus our jobs don't clash and you should come out.

I heard Mirawee was looking for more dogs to handle. :):thumbsup:

:D

Amypie, that tactic definitely seems to work for you :laugh:

RubyStar, I just use a martingale collar with a nice tuggy lead for my guys :) Definitely easier than clipping a lead on and off :love:

RS - you and I live sort of close (SoR at least)

if we do it, maybe we can car pool? My plan is to get started after the national (show) and Ari is no longer in season... maybe we can start to work out something on Monday?

I have easy accsess to 2 acres of paddock (my backyard), then next door is 10 or 15 acres of scrub that we can run the dogs in. And behind is 100 hectares of bushland with a creek and a lake (and lots of kangaroos) so yes we have space out here to train thats for sure! :thumbsup: We should wait for the next K9 and choose a day when shows/agility and obidience plus our jobs don't clash and you should come out.

I think this sounds like a plan :D ST and I can take turns car pooling out to your neck of the woods and between the 3 of us I'm sure we can work out some sort of training plan. Hopefully we can pick up some good tips from experienced handlers and get our hands on some nice books and dvd's. When is the retrieving day they have planned? I'd really like to go. Am I too late to RSVP to it?

For the dinner thing OzJen was trying to organise for Wednesday night, another option for dinner is Checkers restaurant (buffet) at the Cannington Greyhounds. Drove past tonight and it is $27 on a Wed night for their buffet. Their food sounds really really yummy :thumbsup:

Menu and info:

http://www.greyhoundswa.com.au/Portals/0/d...day%20print.pdf

Just a suggestion!

It on May 8th or 9th (they weren't sure which day), probably in Upper Swan and time is TBC.

Ta! Please keep me posted!! How do we find this info out? I used to get the retrieving emails but don't seem to anymore :thumbsup:

If you PM me your email I can forward you the email. :D

It on May 8th or 9th (they weren't sure which day), probably in Upper Swan and time is TBC.

Ta! Please keep me posted!! How do we find this info out? I used to get the retrieving emails but don't seem to anymore :thumbsup:

you have to be a member i think - did you join as a member when you first went along?

you have to be a member i think - did you join as a member when you first went along?

Ta V, will do:)

ST, no, never joined as an actual member, just paid for the season of lessons (which I never ended up going to :thumbsup:) but got the emails anyway. I may join, but they don't have a website where I can find out more info.