Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Lol u sound like me Valley, I said no more puppies until Mason is at least 3.....

I think two close togther is good but 3 close togther would mean all the dogs are old at once :) . Plus the next one will probably be a bitch, so that might mean puppies down the line. :D

Unless your sneaky about things. :D

I think if we move and getting a 3 dog licence will be hard we will just tell the council Lilly died and de-register her. :kissbetter:

Poor Lilly :)

Just remember this is an open forum guys and you don't know who is reading it so don't be too open with comments on getting around the dog rules, could land you in hot water. :thumbsup:

Unless your sneaky about things. :D

I think if we move and getting a 3 dog licence will be hard we will just tell the council Lilly died and de-register her. :kissbetter:

Poor Lilly :)

Just remember this is an open forum guys and you don't know who is reading it so don't be too open with comments on getting around the dog rules, could land you in hot water. :grouphug:

Lilly is going on 14, so by the time we leave the property it's not unlikely that it will really happen. :thumbsup: Plus I remember reading another wa doler got a third dog licience on accont one of thier dogs was quite old.

Councils just plain suck :thumbsup: They have no brain. Money hungry B******S!! :)

:D

Ahem... I work for a Council!!!!

and yes Swan has a much better reputation than Mundaring (and No I dont work 4 either of them)

RS if they really were money hungry they would let us have lots of dogs and have to pay lots of regos :kissbetter:

Councils just plain suck :grouphug: They have no brain. Money hungry B******S!! :kissbetter:

:D

and yes Swan has a much better reputation than Mundaring (and No I dont work 4 either of them)

RS if they really were money hungry they would let us have lots of dogs and have to pay lots of regos :thumbsup:

Haha!! Nice one!! :)

Councils just plain suck :love: They have no brain. Money hungry B******S!! :bottom:

:nahnah:

RS if they really were money hungry they would let us have lots of dogs and have to pay lots of regos :laugh:

They also let us swop registrations between councils if you move and have paid for a 3 year rego.

Councils just plain suck :laugh: They have no brain. Money hungry B******S!! :bottom:

Quite obviously I don't mean the council workers! I mean those setting the "laws". Unless your job is to set these laws.....??

Wow it's beat up on RS day cos she had a comment about councils!! :bottom: Quite a few of you have had some things to say about councils too, don't forget ;)

Councils just plain suck :) They have no brain. Money hungry B******S!! :laugh:

RS if they really were money hungry they would let us have lots of dogs and have to pay lots of regos :love:

And they also take your thousands of dollars to consider a kennel licence... and in an instance, one council took several thousands of dollars from a DOLer for this to have it rejected or told they no longer do it. Disgraceful IMO! :(

Don't forget I'm in City of Gosnells, where its flat out 2 dogs only, no exceptions (unless in kennel zone and we all can't afford to live there), so don't be offended why I'm so bitter about councils! :p

Edited by RubyStar

RS I don't think they are money hungry, I think they are annoying when they get all uppity about the amount of dogs people can have as a whole rather then taking it case by case and taking things into account like how we do sports with our dogs, how they are well behaved, most of us have inside dogs, a lot of us train most evenings so our dogs are way too pooped to be a nuisence ect. I think most DOLers could responsibly manage 3 or 4 dogs no problem.

RubyStar, I don't like most councils (and that isn't the people that work there but the policies for the most part) but money hungry aren't the words I generally use to describe them ;) And since I don't want to get kicked off DOL I won't be writing what I do say :confused:

Valley, I do agree (for the most part), it was a tongue in cheek comment that got taken out of context! The ;) wasn't put there just for fun! :confused:

I didnt mean to 'have a go'. I just hear quite often, i pay your wages, thats what i pay my rates for. So the money bit is a bit of a sore spot for me

I wonder when City of Swan changed it? It was definitely 3 dogs allowed on 5+ acre properties a year ago.

And your parents can have up to 6 dogs if they apply for a permit in Shire of Mundaring :confused:

Lol Toby and Lincoln are registered under my name and Lilly under thiers so could I apply for the permit? (Without them knowing :rofl: ) Nah I think I want a 5 year break from new puppies, having 2 under 2 is a bit too much right now.

The dog registration actually goes on the premise they are kept at not on who it is reg to. The only way around it is to either

a)apply for the number of dogs up front

b) reg all dogs and if anyone comes say "your mothers reg dog" is just temp visiting!

Lots of people try to sneak the system but it usually gets caught out somewhere.

;)

Actually we are waiting for fallout from the Shire for cutting down some trees on our property ;) But Synergy told us to :eek: Oh I so love Mundaring Shire who want a lovely bushland without any animals :rofl:

I beleive there are laws that permit certain zoning to remove x amount of trees...

What trees... I never saw any trees there :confused::(

I beleive there are laws that permit certain zoning to remove x amount of trees...

What trees... I never saw any trees there :confused::o

We actually did check before we cut them down that Synergy overrides the Shire :) And the trees will be replaced with bushes that can't grow tall enough to impact on the powerlines ;) Although why the silly people that we bought the property off planted Eucalypts under powerlines I will never know (and yes they are planted not natural)

Mundaring don't want any trees cut down. FESA recommends a 20m buffer around houses but in Mundaring Shire you can get pinged if you cut down trees more than 4m away from a house :rofl: Even if the tree is dead and dangerous you have to fight to get permission to get rid of it :(

I have lots of interesting stories about the Shire and "red tape" that is just a waste of time and money (like what does it matter exactly what my horses are fed if I have said they are being hard fed in an application that we didn't even need to put in according to their written rules, but were told to put in anyway?)

ETA: I love whinging about the Shire :eek:

Edited by mirawee

What trees... I never saw any trees there :confused::)

We actually did check before we cut them down that Synergy overrides the Shire :D And the trees will be replaced with bushes that can't grow tall enough to impact on the powerlines ;) Although why the silly people that we bought the property off planted Eucalypts under powerlines I will never know (and yes they are planted not natural)

Mundaring don't want any trees cut down. FESA recommends a 20m buffer around houses but in Mundaring Shire you can get pinged if you cut down trees more than 4m away from a house :rofl: Even if the tree is dead and dangerous you have to fight to get permission to get rid of it :(

I have lots of interesting stories about the Shire and "red tape" that is just a waste of time and money (like what does it matter exactly what my horses are fed if I have said they are being hard fed in an application that we didn't even need to put in according to their written rules, but were told to put in anyway?)

ETA: I love whinging about the Shire :eek:

They have been uselss for a while, they b arged into my parents property and insisted they hand over the "aggressive pit bull type dog" there that had been seen to have wanderd in there, my mum sia d and pointed "That one" its not mine go and get it! The ranger asked her to get it and put it in the car! My mum is over 70 years old, I told her she should have told them to do there job themselves! She said the rangers TWO big burly men were scared of the dog! The council has never been very helpful in many ways, my parents are always having no luck with getting anything moved through their archaic rules and regs!

:o

Nice to know somethings havent changed in the 40 years they have been there!

Valley, I do agree (for the most part), it was a tongue in cheek comment that got taken out of context! The ;) wasn't put there just for fun! :eek:

I didnt mean to 'have a go'. I just hear quite often, i pay your wages, thats what i pay my rates for. So the money bit is a bit of a sore spot for me

It was a poor choice of words on my account, money hungry wasn't the best description :confused: And as I said, was nothing to do with the workers, but to do with some of the ridiculous council laws out there.

Mirawee, yes best keep those thoughts off a public forum :rofl: