Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I want to start formal obidience with him soon but don't know which club to go to. :) Anyone know which club will offer rally classes? I might join there so I can do Rally classes when they start offering them.

I don't think we'll get any rally-o clubs until it's ankc recognised. I'm joining Midland again on Tuesday after a two year hiatus :) and maybe joining Perth to.

Eden Hill Dog Fellowship will be doing Rally O classes but not until mid July. This is because me [the instructor] does not want to start classes until I have done the competitors 2 day workshop and the judges workshop in early July. I have done Rally O before but not for some years and that was AKC rules. The ANKC rules [if passed] are based on the CKC [Canadian Kennel Club] and are slightly different to what I was used to. Since it has been so long since I have been involved with Rally O, it was discussed at our club and we decided to wait until myself and the other instructors and been to the courses.

I do have a registration form for anyone who is interested in attending the competitors seminar.

Me and Tiggy, RS and Masons Mom are all going to the Rally Seminar!

Its awsome Eden Hills will be hosting Rally classes! :laugh: I am already a member of Eden Hills so maybe I won't have to join another club! :) Obidience at Eden Hill isn't on this week is it Myzchev? I was hoping to start attending soon with Lincoln because I am not sure I want to join Midland again and I will lose motivation if I have to drive al the way down to Southern River every week.

There's a group of Dolers going to the Rally-O seminar :) . Did you download the registration form off the Southern River website. I can't open it properly :) . I wonder if someone could email it to me if I could open it :laugh: .

Slightly off topic where do you guys park at Eden Hill. I went one Thursday when the obedience once on and it looked like you had to park on the street. I suppose I could set my crate up at the club house though. I'm actually thinking Eden Hill might be good for me for obedience because I mostly want to do my own thing but would like some feedback on all the things I'm probably doing wrong :laugh: .

When I went (before I got my appendix out and had car trouble :) ) people parked on the street and thier were a few crates around but also posts to tie dogs to.

Slightly off topic where do you guys park at Eden Hill. I went one Thursday when the obedience once on and it looked like you had to park on the street. I suppose I could set my crate up at the club house though. I'm actually thinking Eden Hill might be good for me for obedience because I mostly want to do my own thing but would like some feedback on all the things I'm probably doing wrong :laugh: .

Congratulations Brookie and Bedazzled!!

Edited by valleyCBR

Masons Mom Toby has allergies and we suspect they are contact allergies from grass because he only gets them on his tummy and feet where he is pretty hairless, and he is scratching at the moment so it must be that season.

Mason only gets itchy at certain times of the year and also on certain spots, tummy, legs, flanks, and face are where he itches. His eyes swell if he touches some plants and/or certain grasses. I have made sure that I am using a natural laundry detergent etc but it doesnt seem to have helped that much he is still itchy and he only used to itch morning and evening which is bad enough but now he itches early hours of the morning and that wakes us up.

I am going to go to the Rally U seminar in July, I spoke to my club and they said that when they know more thay may offer training too, if they do thats cool or else I may also join Eden Hill for Rally O training.

Edited by Masons_mom

Can anyone recommend a groomer in Geraldton? I have to make a quick trip there next week and thought I would take the opportunity to give my little girl a treat. She has a pretty long coat and has been moulting like mad the last couple of weeks, also seems to be getting more matting than I have found before, mainly around her ears and neck, so would like some help and advice as well as a good grooming session. I have bought a Christensen brush and try my best with her coat, but desperately need some guidance, :laugh: would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Not only did she win Open but Utility and Winner of Winners - suspect there will be plenty of celebrating in Sydney tonight. Scoota went down in the sit stay in Open - Bugga.

Congratulations to both of them though. There boys never fail them and they both deserve every success their way.

Not only did she win Open but Utility and Winner of Winners - suspect there will be plenty of celebrating in Sydney tonight. Scoota went down in the sit stay in Open - Bugga.

Congratulations to both of them though. There boys never fail them and they both deserve every success their way.

Congrats Bedazzled! :laugh:

:laugh: Ruby was probably giving him sit stay "tips" in the back of the Tonka truck last week as that is her old trick! I'm sure he blitzed the rest of it and the celebrations will still be in full swing all night!

Congrats Bedazzled!!!! Very deserving :) You show 'em how the WA people do it!! :)

Can anyone recommend a groomer in Geraldton? I have to make a quick trip there next week and thought I would take the opportunity to give my little girl a treat. She has a pretty long coat and has been moulting like mad the last couple of weeks, also seems to be getting more matting than I have found before, mainly around her ears and neck, so would like some help and advice as well as a good grooming session. I have bought a Christensen brush and try my best with her coat, but desperately need some guidance, :laugh: would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Is this a show dog or pet??

At this stage i would say our equipment is wrong.

You need a combo comb to brush behind the ears,good slicker brush(lawrence ever gentle,doogyman)great again for behind the ears to fluff out the coat before combing through

The christensen brush depending on which one you brought is more a finishing brush.

With her neck does she wear a collar??

It's not our fault we kick ass :)

Hmm I think if we do end up going to Adelaide Royal that puts a bit of pressure on now. :)

You show 'em how the WA people do it!! :)

My guess is that the other states are getting a bit sick of WA dogs going over and showing them how WA people do it :laugh:

Congrats Brooky for UD and Winners as well :)