Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

crashed and burned already.. yep.. hee hee... dog kept racing up the steps in anticipation of the ball being thrown not *quite* so helpful when trying to get said dog to follow arm movements...

but dog walk was better... i can have loony run.. or work on contact.. just not both at the same time LOL

Just need some super duper person to run my dog for me... someone calm, sensible and experienced with terriers... hmmmm just *who* could that be i wonder?? lets see.... i know someone with a tenterfield... which really is just a mini fox terrier in disguise.. so perhaps... hmmmMMM?? LOL

Well everyone knows a Mini Fox Terrier isn't a true miniature of a Fox Terrier anyway, so there goes that excuse :thumbsup: , and I have my hands full at the moment trying to teach the dopiest- terrier-that-ever-lived (AKA Trixie :) ) so you'll just have to make do!

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but if Lincoln sees a camera pointing at him he pulls the goofiest faces!

Here is an example from this afternoon:

S8002587.jpg

Poor dear is being soooooooo sooky because he is losing his canines and quite a few molars.

Guest RosieFT

hee hee... are you sure? i could bribe you with, ummm, chocolate.. cos i am sure you have not had enough of that lately .. i know i haven't... bleah.... just one more tiny wafer.... bleah bleah bleah hee hee

Rosie is a mini-ish version anyway... perhaps i could just switch her with kyzer.. you would *never* notice.. too busy with super duper trixie to really see... ahem...

LOL @ dopy terrier.. she isn't.. but i swear mine has a brain transplant with a moron on occasion.... there is a definite switch inside a terriers brain... brain *on* brain *off* .... just like a thoroubred horse.. but no chance of winning any money... sigh...

ps did i tell you my oh's oh so funny april fools joke was to ring phone and pretend there was a agility person wanting to speak to me re the other night? LOL.. i was not fooled...

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but if Lincoln sees a camera pointing at him he pulls the goofiest faces!

S8002587.jpg

Poor dear is being soooooooo sooky because he is losing his canines and quite a few molars.

That is a classic!! He looks just like he's giving you a raspberry!!!! :)

hee hee... are you sure? i could bribe you with, ummm, chocolate.. cos i am sure you have not had enough of that lately .. i know i haven't... bleah.... just one more tiny wafer.... bleah bleah bleah hee hee

Rosie is a mini-ish version anyway... perhaps i could just switch her with kyzer.. you would *never* notice.. too busy with super duper trixie to really see... ahem...

You could try and swap but good luck trying to grab him :rofl: ;)

LOL @ dopy terrier.. she isn't.. but i swear mine has a brain transplant with a moron on occasion.... there is a definite switch inside a terriers brain... brain *on* brain *off* .... just like a thoroubred horse.. but no chance of winning any money... sigh...

She's pretty dopey, the switch is jammed off, she watches me rather than where she is going so hits the uprights or the side of the tunnel :):thumbsup: Kyzer was at giddy heights of success at her age, bringing home the puppy encouragement award from the club windup :rofl: What has Trixie done? Nothing! :)

Mine don't pull stupid faces but they seem to not want to look at the camera :)

Lovely photo vCBR :laugh:

I have just had a massive thunderstorm go over here and looking at the radar and the clouds outside there is more to come :rofl: I don't do lightning :rofl:

So I am being a woose and not going to training tonight... not that I think it will hit Canning Vale, but I don't really want to drive in it up this way. So much for practise for the States and Nationals (sorry OzJen - bring Jenna down on Sunday and hopefully it won't rain/thunder then!)

S8002587.jpg

Lol does he have the lovely teething breath to go with it???

Guest RosieFT

I am so blonde.... Amypie.. i was about to leave to go to agility but i had to hop on here to berate myself. i think my own brain switch was set to 'off'. turn into dog.. as in, turn in towards, not actually become the dog. ROFLMAO

oh dear. Does not bode well for a pass tonight. oh my... hehe

alrighty, better get my skates on.

Guest belgian.blue

I'm in the process of finding a good vet clinic puppy school.

Was wondering if anyone could please share some recommendations?

Hi belgian.blue... my lil' buddy just 'graduated' frm VetWest's puppy school n we are really happy with them :) They run in quite a few locations and some on weekends too.

I'm a newbie here so I might as well introduce myself... HI ALL :laugh:

I've love dogs all my life and finally, last Oct, hubby n I decided we've had enough of wishing and envy of other dog owners. After months of searching and prep, we finally have a little furry bundle of joy to call our own this Feb! Ozzie has brought us so much joy since that I cannot imagine a day without him :)

He's aced through puppy school and I'm keen to progress to obedience training with him. Can anyone please share recommendations on good obedience clubs around South Perth, Vic Park, Rivervale, Belmont area?

Hi belgian.blue... my lil' buddy just 'graduated' frm VetWest's puppy school n we are really happy with them :rofl: They run in quite a few locations and some on weekends too.

I've love dogs all my life and finally, last Oct, hubby n I decided we've had enough of wishing and envy of other dog owners. After months of searching and prep, we finally have a little furry bundle of joy to call our own this Feb! Ozzie has brought us so much joy since that I cannot imagine a day without him :)

He's aced through puppy school and I'm keen to progress to obedience training with him. Can anyone please share recommendations on good obedience clubs around South Perth, Vic Park, Rivervale, Belmont area?

Hi DoodleBliss :)

Welcome to DOL!

Cloverdale Canine Companions would be my recommendation. I have been there in the past with my dogs and will probably be heading back there soon.

They do obedience every Monday 7pm to 8pm and then Agility on Thursdays 7pm to 8pm.

:p

Guest belgian.blue

I took Lincoln to Train a Pup time and found it absolutely brilliant!

Link Here

Had a quick look at their website and looks great!! Will give them a call tomorrow.

Where are the classes held? Couldn't see that on the site.

Oh someone else asked .. I'm in Vic Park and willing to travel within 3Okms

I took Lincoln to Train a Pup time and found it absolutely brilliant!

Link Here

Had a quick look at their website and looks great!! Will give them a call tomorrow.

Where are the classes held? Couldn't see that on the site.

Oh someone else asked .. I'm in Vic Park and willing to travel within 3Okms

Its near K9 in Southern River. I can't recommend her highly enough and happily traveled all the way from Helena Valley every Saturday to get there.

Guest belgian.blue

Hi belgian.blue... my lil' buddy just 'graduated' frm VetWest's puppy school n we are really happy with them :) They run in quite a few locations and some on weekends too.

Welcome DoodleBliss.

Thanks greatly for the suggest of VetWest, I will also give them a call tomorrow. Their website looks great.

I can suggest Perth Training and Obedience Dog Club .. My older girl and I go here Wednesday nights.