Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I have to start work at 4 in the morning tomorrow :) to bake loads of hot cross buns. Can't wait until Easter is over.

I'm guessing you're a baker then? :) No wonder you get up so early! That is one job I could NEVER do, not only cos I can't cook, but because the insane time you start!!!

Hey I can't cook either :) but baking isn't too hard. It's horrible waking up so early but give me 10 minutes to properly wake up and I'm fine, plus it's so nice finishing work early. We don't bake from scratch(make our own dough) if we did I'd be starting even earlier :) . Sorry to get so off topic :rofl: .

Our boss has a son who owns a Baker's Delight - and we got a truckload of Hot Cross Buns for morning tea today - Baker's Delight are the only one's I will eat!! :rofl:

Baker's Delight :) , the Coles ones are better :) .

Hey I can't cook either :) but baking isn't too hard. It's horrible waking up so early but give me 10 minutes to properly wake up and I'm fine, plus it's so nice finishing work early. We don't bake from scratch(make our own dough) if we did I'd be starting even earlier :rofl: . Sorry to get so off topic ;) .

There's no off topic in here :)

I like the chocolate ones! HATE the fruit ones, except they do smell lovely! That's about it :rofl:

My favourite are the plain spiced ones with no fruit. Nom nom.

I don't mind the chocolate ones but I'm still traumatised form the Mocha ones from last year, just the smell makes me want to vomit. So sickly and strong, ewww.

Hey I can't cook either :) but baking isn't too hard. It's horrible waking up so early but give me 10 minutes to properly wake up and I'm fine, plus it's so nice finishing work early. We don't bake from scratch(make our own dough) if we did I'd be starting even earlier :rofl: . Sorry to get so off topic ;) .

There's no off topic in here :)

I like the chocolate ones! HATE the fruit ones, except they do smell lovely! That's about it :rofl:

Dont really like the fruit ones either...

Like RubyStar says...raw meaty bones are a must for good health. Meat alone will deplete the body of essential nutients including calcium and can cause problems with growing bones. Don't be inclined to artificially supplement as things can go seriously wrong! You can also get pre-prepared BARF patties from Better Pets and Gardens and also City Farmers.

Thanks for the welcome - (sorry was trying to add a photo to my signature -took me a while!) And Hi to spyke too - your dog is just beautiful!

As far as the raw mince thing goes - we are just following on what the breeder was feeding him. I was a bit dubious about it at first to be honest, and thought we would probably try and change it gradually but seeing how healthy and shiny he is (and he loves it) has made us decide to keep going with it. The vet I took him to for a quick check-up when we got him also recommended carrying on with it...anyway, we will see how we go.

Jules :)

What is wrong with you people??????

OK, I'm not so keen on the peel either..... and in fact I HATE the chocolate ones - they are just WRONG.

Well those of us who can't stand the fruit ones want to be included dammit!! :) I quite like the choccy ones, 15 secs in the microwave make the chocolate all gooey, yummmm :)

Like RubyStar says...raw meaty bones are a must for good health. Meat alone will deplete the body of essential nutients including calcium and can cause problems with growing bones. Don't be inclined to artificially supplement as things can go seriously wrong! You can also get pre-prepared BARF patties from Better Pets and Gardens and also City Farmers.

The Pet Chef in Midland makes a good BARF mix :) .