Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks again guys................nice to be somewhere where people feel the same way about their furred families!

MasonsMum - is the old guy the one in your sig?? He looks pretty good in the photo - reminds me of my old guy Nicky, Sals mate for many years.

Kristensfaction, I know what you mean! Sallys "foal", who is now about 15 is the only one in my "family" who is still alive, although he now lives with someone else! I have had quite a number of horses throughout my life, but I think Sally was number One!

Mirawee - Oh, no, who else has lost their horses?? Its so traumatic with such a big animal!

Heres another couple of pics. Tiggy Im not sure what breeding Sally had in her, but my guess is a little bit of lots of breeds. Possibly QH, Appy, some breed of pony and who knows what else! I guess QH & Appy cos of her cow sense and pathetic forelock :D . She had the most glorious mane, but her forelock always looked like it had been chewed off!!

post-12444-1268726238_thumb.jpg

Rat

Hi everyone, I joined a couple of days ago and some of you pointed me in this direction. I live in Perth with my two dogs Molly (Rottie) and Tash (Border Collie).

I've attached a few photos of them, hope you enjoy :D

post-33782-1268729417_thumb.jpg

post-33782-1268729433_thumb.jpg

post-33782-1268729448.jpg

post-33782-1268729473.jpg

Thanks again guys................nice to be somewhere where people feel the same way about their furred families!

MasonsMum - is the old guy the one in your sig?? He looks pretty good in the photo - reminds me of my old guy Nicky, Sals mate for many years.

Kristensfaction, I know what you mean! Sallys "foal", who is now about 15 is the only one in my "family" who is still alive, although he now lives with someone else! I have had quite a number of horses throughout my life, but I think Sally was number One!

Mirawee - Oh, no, who else has lost their horses?? Its so traumatic with such a big animal!

Heres another couple of pics. Tiggy Im not sure what breeding Sally had in her, but my guess is a little bit of lots of breeds. Possibly QH, Appy, some breed of pony and who knows what else! I guess QH & Appy cos of her cow sense and pathetic forelock :D . She had the most glorious mane, but her forelock always looked like it had been chewed off!!

post-12444-1268726238_thumb.jpg

Rat

Yes, that photo was taken in 2008, I will upload a recent one, looking way way older now, he is probably anywhere from 25 to 27 i got him from the RSPCA in south africa and he is still there retired on a friends farm, she looks after him for me.

farm015sml.jpg

samfacesml.jpg

Hello and welcome Rottperth, gorgeous dogs.

Sorry to hear about your mare Labrat. I have an oldie or two myself, my little Pali is 26, my Clyde 19 (but an old 19) and then I have a cheeky youngster. It is hard to lose them no matter what their ages are. My SIL lost her 35 year old mare this year and it was very upsetting for all of us as well. Lots of hugs from us.

Hey question for the WA agility people - somebody tonight asked me if I was going to the Perth Nationals and if I was could I pick them up a couple of the tug leads which seem to be so popular over there. They got one from the Adelaide Nationals from I think it was Jacq Winton. I said I would ask around and see if we could organise them and get it posted over. Does anybody know if she still makes them or whether anybody else in WA makes the ones with the furry sort of fleece.

I ordered some awesome ones from the US valleyCBR depends on your budget :cheer: . Not sure they are what this person is after though otherwise I'd suggest it to them.

Edited by ness

I ordered some awesome ones from the US valleyCBR depends on your budget :cheer: . Not sure they are what this person is after though otherwise I'd suggest it to them.

Helen who runs my Lexi makes them and Jacqui Winton also makes them. Jacqui tends to use fancier fluffy fleece material for hers. From memory Helen's are about $8 and I think Jacqui's are approx $12. Hmm don't quote me on those prices though.

Edited by Ptolomy

Thanks for that Ptolomy - I'll see if i can chase up Jacqui and work something out. I have 2 of hers - one I bought in WA as Ness's CDX title present and another I bought at the Adelaide Nationals :cheer: .

I know a couple of people who have put down retirees who have lived a good life.

Then there have been about 5 threads in the last week on Stockies, including 2 where foals died due to paddock accidents and then their mothers died within 24 hours :cheer: