Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Midland vet is just off Farall road on Morrison Rd but it is done by appointment (except emergenices) but you . They even have a large animal vet there that I have taken a lamb too :mad .

However I will evetually need to know (for future refrence) which vet to see for hip scores and even further down the track, a good repro vet.

Midland vet is just off Farall road on Morrison Rd but it is done by appointment (except emergenices) but you . They even have a large animal vet there that I have taken a lamb too :( .

However I will evetually need to know (for future refrence) which vet to see for hip scores and even further down the track, a good repro vet.

Tis the same vet we go to.. they seem quite reasonable.. and even managed to tame my cat :mad

I can introduce you to my MIL (to be) at a show one day, who breeds goldies, and should be able to point you in the right direction for hip scoring. There is a good repro vet in Toodyay (or so I've heard).

I havent owned a breed requiring hips scored, or have no plans to breed, so cant help you sorry

CnR I live on Helena Valley Rd so you probably drive past my house everyday :mad . It's nice to know there are some DOL'ers out this way.

I work in Kalamunda. but often pick up a collegue from HV estate - I also have family who live on HV Road

Edited by CruiseNRoxy

I know where Stratton and Helena Valley are! I used to board at Swanleigh :mad

Another Bro of mine lives in Armadale, has done for 8 years now, and has never had any trouble either (touch wood). Actually I think I'd prefer to live where he is than in Applecross, they've always got break ins, stabbings, cars being torched or damaged, and other antisocial stuff happening near work!

Guest belgian.blue
I use Midland Vetinary hospital and love it.

That is the one I always went to, mum still uses them.

Ivy had her 16 weeks vaccs there hehe. Though now we tend to go to a small prac in Manning but they have clinic cats :mad

eta - when is the best time to book Ivy in to start night schooling at the canine assoc? we just want to basic training. she's a smart dog so it's really just for something to do and people to meet :( does anyone else do night courses out there?

Edited by belgian.blue

City of Bayswater has this on their site (as do many other councils, I'm sure):

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF DOGS ALLOWED

Each household is permitted to keep two dogs and the puppies of these dogs under three months of age.

An application to keep more than two dogs can be made to Council.

Go COB!! :mad

COG - :(

One of the best things I have found is that they listen to your opinions and don't ever push the products they sell unless you ask about a product. They also aren't afraid to recommend natural remedies.

Mum always makes me get a bit dressed up when I go because she has a crush on a certain male vet and wants me to marry him. :mad

Guest belgian.blue
One of the best things I have found is that they listen to your opinions and don't ever push the products they sell unless you ask about a product. They also aren't afraid to recommend natural remedies.

Mum always makes me get a bit dressed up when I go because she has a crush on a certain male vet and wants me to marry him. :mad

Haha is it Hughes? Some of them are pretty darn cute :(

eta - Town of Victoria Park ..

MULTIPLE DOG APPLICATIONS

In the Town there is a limit of 2 dogs per property unless approval to keep multiple dogs is obtained from the Council. On the far right you will find a copy of the multiple dog application form which needs to be completed and submitted with the application fee. Ths application is subject to Council approval and an indepth assesment of the property and surrounding residents will be conducted before any approval is granted.

Edited by belgian.blue

If anyone is interested, City of Gosnells are a crock of sh*t. Here is an email response I received after enquiring about the process one would need to take to get a 3 dog permit:
Further to your email regarding keeping of 3 dogs in the City of Gosnells.

Unlike most other Councils the City of Gosnells operates under a Town Planning Scheme which does not allow for more than 2 dogs on any property other than in the Kennel Zone.

There are no applications or fees that can be sought as there is absolutely no provision for any property (other than in Kennel Zone section of Southern River) to have more than 2 dogs on it.

An absolute disgrace :mad There's no limit to how many kids one can have and the brats over the back fence scream in the backyard on a daily basis, yet I can't complain to council about them? My dogs are quiet and are kept indoors at night causing a nuisance to noone. I'm absolutely livid at their policy. This is why so many people don't bother registering their dogs and willingly break the law. How dare they rule how many "kids" I can have, I choose the furry 4 legged kind over 2 legged skin ones and that should be my prerogative!!!

Rant over, but still furious :(

Hi, Pretty Sure this topic has been finished however, i work for a local government and i just asked the person who handles 3 dog permits and he said that each local government has the right too choose their on rules and limits, however he did also say that everyone has the option of going to the State Tribunial Adminstrate and putting in a appeal... Just an option if your still looking at having 3 or more dogs..

Gilypoo

They just send you reminder letter after reminder letter for annual vaccs, or steralisation notice after steralisation notice after I told them NO - He is a showdog!

I use Midland Vetinary hospital and love it.

That is the one I always went to, mum still uses them.

Ivy had her 16 weeks vaccs there hehe. Though now we tend to go to a small prac in Manning but they have clinic cats :mad

eta - when is the best time to book Ivy in to start night schooling at the canine assoc? we just want to basic training. she's a smart dog so it's really just for something to do and people to meet :( does anyone else do night courses out there?

Ivy - have a look on the CAWA website there are lots of classes down there on weeknights... I go to southern river club on Monday nights... usually a lot of people down there which is what you want. Some of the other obedience classes are alot smaller in size but seeing as you want one where you can meet lots of people, Monday nights might be the go for you. Classes usually start at 7pm and the new term starts at the same time school starts.

RubyStar - i graduated year 12 in 2000 - you?

Wattle Grove Vet sent me 3 Vaccination notices for a dog that had been in an accident and they put to sleep.

They just send you reminder letter after reminder letter for annual vaccs, or steralisation notice after steralisation notice after I told them NO - He is a showdog!

For hip scoring and repro work I have gone to Applecross and more recently Toodyay vet (since that is closer to me LOL).

I use Mundaring Vet for general stuff and did even when living in Helena Valley after having issues with Swan (great if you can get Dr Huber, but last time I went and asked for him I got a newby vet who tried to convince me that my dog had OCD because there was nothing on the xrays to show why she was lame :heart: Needless to say she was wrong) and also Midland - actually I don't think Midland would let us come back since they had to refund all money paid to them after they stuffed up big time :sleep: Saying that it has been a while since I have used either so hopefully they both have great vets there now :curtsey:

Oh, and Mundaring Shire are bad to deal with in terms of dogs (and horses!). They told us we could get a kennel license before we got our new property (100 acres) and sent out all paperwork, in fact we were told if we wanted to have puppies even if we only owned one dog we required a kennel license. We then misplaced the paperwork when moving and when we called 3 months later to get it sent out again we were told that they don't do kennel licenses and haven't for years! (Oh but we still need one if we want to breed - just pay $6000+ to get us to consider it!) We are only allowed to have 4 dogs on the 100 acres, but can apply for up to 6. Of course you have to own the extra dogs before you apply though :sleep: And that is even with two houses on the property with their own individual enclosed yards.

BB Perth Training and Obidience Dog Club offer Obidience classes at Raphael Park in Vic Park. On 7.30-8.30 Wednesday evenings starting back on the 3rd of Febuary. Me and Toby will be there at beginners class (and Lincoln will be there visiting until term 2 :curtsey: )

BB, here are the other obedience classes advertised on Dogswest that happen at the Canine Centre:

** MONDAY **

Southern River Agility & Obedience Dog Club - Obedience Training, 7 pm. All breeds welcome.

Phone: 0401584259

** WEDNESDAY **

Helena Fitzgerald - Obedience Training, 7.30 pm Phone: 9398 3665

American Staffordshire Terrier Club of WA - Obedience Training, 7.00pm

Phone: 9399 7369

** THURSDAY **

Wolfproud Training - Obedience & Show Handling, 7.30pm - 8.30pm. All Breeds welcome.

Phone: 9490 5952

Spitz Club of WA - Obedience & Show Handling,

7.30pm All Breeds welcome.

Phone 9256 1836(Obedience)

Phone 9398 1259 (Show Handling)

I've only had experience with SRAODC though.