November Challenge

tlc

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some absolutly great photos in here, I hope you all realise just how jealous I am

My children had photos taken today by the local paper for an article, she was amazed at homw the children co operated and didnt complain about the 1000s of shots she took, I had to laugh and say they are well practised :)

Ok I am going to make a big effort to try and photograph more humans! This months challenge has come at a good time :)

This is the other man in my life, my husband Cam.

He complained the other day that I only take photos of the dog so I made him put his spunky hat on for a shot ;)

4076807727_0d05865d02.jpg

Thanks guys!

TLC I have a Nikon D60 (I did answer in the other thread :o). I'm glad you think my photos are clear and sharp...you have no idea how many shots I have to take before I get a good one though! I could just cry sometimes when I try to get a sharp photo, check it on the LCD display and think it's ok and then look at it on the computer and it's crap lol.

I so know the feeling, I have taken quite a few pics today and porbly half of them that I thought look great on the camera look really shitty when I see them on the pc, so annoying!!

CM, lotus looks adorable, fab shot!!

Bec you husband looks like a honey!! Oh am I allowed to say that?? :) Great shot!

I always say im gonna take more human shots but I have no willing subjects atm. ;)

Thanks Ripley! I will begin my RAW education. The camera DID come with a disk :o that I um.... havent looked at :D xxx

Yes I have also been lurking in this thread & threatening to do something very soon ;), however time is not my friend at the moment.

Thanks for the reminder about shooting in RAW, Ripley. I also have a disc for my camera which remains in the packaging! My camera supports saving images in RAW & JPEG at the same time.... does anyone do this? Also, as regards to image size, do you mostly use large?

Hope to have something to put up here on the weekend, but really enjoying this thread :) Ash!!

Ok I am going to make a big effort to try and photograph more humans! This months challenge has come at a good time :)

This is the other man in my life, my husband Cam.

He complained the other day that I only take photos of the dog so I made him put his spunky hat on for a shot ;)

I bet he's gonna regret saying that! Great photo; he looks very contemplative (is that a word??).

Awwww nice shot GG!!

JS, Great shots, I like the first two especailly, I know they are the same shot but I like both styles!!

Im sure we seen a double for Justice at the park tonight, he come running up to play and he was so like your boy amazing likness!

Edited by tlc

Thanks Ripley! I will begin my RAW education. The camera DID come with a disk :laugh: that I um.... havent looked at :) xxx

Yes I have also been lurking in this thread & threatening to do something very soon :cheer:, however time is not my friend at the moment.

Thanks for the reminder about shooting in RAW, Ripley. I also have a disc for my camera which remains in the packaging! My camera supports saving images in RAW & JPEG at the same time.... does anyone do this? Also, as regards to image size, do you mostly use large?

Hope to have something to put up here on the weekend, but really enjoying this thread :thumbsup: Ash!!

I do. I prefer the JPEG form, where as OH perfers RAW. So we shoot everything in both, so we both have something to play with in PS. The only issue is it halves the amount of shots you can take and also RAW takes a little longer to write [thus longer time between shots].

I also use the highest image size possible. My camera does 10 mega pixel images. It's easier to shrink a large image than it is to expand a small image.