House Training Question

Persian Spitz

I've been house training my 6 month pup for a couple of weeks. He stays in a penned area in the house at night and I take him out when he needs to do his business. When he walks around the house I watch him like a hawk and keep in mind the time (an hour after drinking, after play) and take him out accordingly. I have a couple of questions:

1. He's had a couple of accidents, how often should I expect these?

2. He seems to lose control when there are house guests around and he's excited, is there any way to treat this?

3. He's managed to hold it in a couple of full nights (6hrs), is this normal / healthy?

1. He'll probably need to go after meals, after play, after a drink, and after waking up from a nap, if you're vigilant you shouldn't need to expect accidents, although they'll still happen

2. Take him outside for a wee before they arrive. Gypsy has done that once but I think she already needed to go and the excitement was just too much

3. Yes, normal and healthy, it's what you're aiming for. He's 6 months old so he should be able to easily hold on that long. Gypsy has been holding on overnight since 10 weeks.