Petition To End Bsl In Australia

Kreed

Signed and facebooked, I too live in QLD and have a decent number of friends that would be willing to meet in person for the cause!

Do you have a QLD face book page so i can join and get up to date info on whats going on in regards to the LAWS in Queensland regarding BSL?

Thanks

Matt

You can get regular updates on this one :)

Victims Of Breed Specific Legislation Australia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed and facebooked, I too live in QLD and have a decent number of friends that would be willing to meet in person for the cause!

Do you have a QLD face book page so i can join and get up to date info on whats going on in regards to the LAWS in Queensland regarding BSL?

Thanks

Matt

You can get regular updates on this one :)

Victims Of Breed Specific Legislation Australia

Thanks alot!

I own an American Staffy myself, would love to and could own a pitbull but couldnt deal with my the possibility of my dog being taken away.

Anyone in QLD with social Pitbulls and/or American staffys and the like Add me on facebook please :D

http://www.facebook.com/matthew.d.sloan

-

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I have only just seen this post and was too late to sign the petition! Congrats on reaching your target and being proactive...i hope it helps make a diffreence.

hey,

Thanks guys.

The petition has a clear target (listed at the top of the petition), and also a target letter (if you click on the link under the photo on the petition site, you can read the letter that will be sent along with the petition to its target):

Target:RSPCA Australia, State Premiers and Chief Minister in all Australian States

I'm a former non-profit campaigner (Greenpeace, WSPA), and now author by trade. I've taken pains over the wording. In my experience, public protest is an effective means of inciting change. Not all online petitions are created equal-- the site I chose has a proven record and a pretty good system. I can't door-knock the whole of Australia, so this was the next best bet. :laugh:

I took some time out in the petition to explain the issue, due to the amount of confusion regarding 'pit bulls', BSL, etc., in Australia. But the main aim is stated: "Please join me in urging Australian law makers and animal welfare agencies to educate the public and end the cruelty of B.S.L."

There are 300+ signatures on there now, and some great comments. It's good leverage for any pressure we want to put on the perpetrators of BSL. I hope everyone who cares about this will weigh in and add their support.

All best,

Kirsten

Why are you no longer with Greenpeace or WSPA?