24 Poles

how cool is this!!!

I put both the girls through 24 weave poles & they just did it :rofl: . I expected Trim would as she has quite a lot of experience & LOVES to weave, but wasn't sure what Shine would do as she has been weaving a lot less time & didn't even really have a rhythm until this year. It's not something I will practice, just kind of cool to know they can do it.

Very cool Vickie - interesting Trim double steps and Shine single steps. Does anybody have any theories as to why a dog would chose one style over another. Ness double steps but Kenzie seems to single step. Interesting as I thought some of it would be size dependent but Kenzie is a smaller dog then Ness in both height and body length so that blows that theory out the window.

not sure, Trim often single steps as well. The less adrenalin she has, the more likely she is to double step. She often single steps in a trial, I have video of her doing both. She was totally exhausted in this clip, so wasn't putting in as much effort as she usually does.

I honestly think that in general, it is a combination of the way they were taught to weave & their structure, rather than adrenalin.

There are PLENTY of very driven & VERY fast dogs who double step and I'm not convinced that one way is faster than another. Like I said, Trim does both, but is more likely to single step when she's really going for it. I don't think Shine could double step comfortably.

We put Lomani through 36 weave poles when we took her along to expose her to a trial environment the week before the first trial she competed in and nearly fell over when she actually did them. It was like she didn't even realise there were more than normal, if there's poles infront of her she just does them. I think she came about 5th in time and was less than a second outside of the winning dog (not bad for a cocker!!!). :rofl:

How did you teach them, Vickie? Did you use the same method for both dogs?

They both started & learnt to weave with 3 poles & a clicker.

I have done some 2x2 with Shine, but more b/c I wanted to understand the process so I can teach it. I like the 2x2 & see benefits in it, but think I will always use the 3 pole method for my own dogs.

We put Lomani through 36 weave poles when we took her along to expose her to a trial environment the week before the first trial she competed in and nearly fell over when she actually did them. It was like she didn't even realise there were more than normal, if there's poles infront of her she just does them. I think she came about 5th in time and was less than a second outside of the winning dog (not bad for a cocker!!!). :rofl:

That's awesome :rofl: I felt the same way, they didn't even seem to realise.

How did you teach them, Vickie? Did you use the same method for both dogs?

They both started & learnt to weave with 3 poles & a clicker.

I have done some 2x2 with Shine, but more b/c I wanted to understand the process so I can teach it. I like the 2x2 & see benefits in it, but think I will always use the 3 pole method for my own dogs.

Thanks! I taught my old boy with a lure, which was the only way I knew then, with pretty average results. :rofl: Will definitely be doing one of the clicker methods with my new girl.

Now that you have done some 2 x 2 and 3 pole, what do you see are the benefits of each? You have shown me the 3 pole (thank you! That is why Kaos can now weave! :rofl: ). I think 2 x 2 looks interesting but don't quite get a couple of the early steps.

how cool is this!!!

I put both the girls through 24 weave poles & they just did it :laugh: . I expected Trim would as she has quite a lot of experience & LOVES to weave, but wasn't sure what Shine would do as she has been weaving a lot less time & didn't even really have a rhythm until this year. It's not something I will practice, just kind of cool to know they can do it.

Very Cool!!!

well done to both girls....

how cool is this!!!

I put both the girls through 24 weave poles & they just did it :laugh: . I expected Trim would as she has quite a lot of experience & LOVES to weave, but wasn't sure what Shine would do as she has been weaving a lot less time & didn't even really have a rhythm until this year. It's not something I will practice, just kind of cool to know they can do it.

Very Cool!!!

well done to both girls....

Go on.......you know you want to........

As I posted on youtube They girls are both looking AMAZING and it's interesting seeing the difference.. But I see what you mean about Shine and rhythm, towards the end she starts to loose that rhythm but its only in the last 2 or three poles where you can see she's like "ok whats next!"

Trim on the other hand.. neat and tidy and consistent the whole way thru!!

Be proud of the girls and their weaves they are amazing..