Puppy Schools In Brisbane's South

Hey all,

Any one have some recommendations for a puppy training school on Brisbane's southside.

Little Mac is a 10 1/2 week old Staffy and i want to get him into some sort of training before he gets much older. Probably actually more for us and how to control him than him lol.

We did have a couple of Staffs in the UK when we lived there but we don't want to have the same mistakes, not really mistakes more non training, with this little one.

Hi, Welcome :thumbsup:

I am not quiet sure how far south you are thinking? I live in the Logan Area.

I have been doing obedience with my boy Jet at Jimboomba. At a place called Good Dog Bad Dog, There number is (07) 5548 7988. I am very happy with them. I did puppy preschool at VIP Pet foods in Yatala as well, they weren't to bad either.

Hi,

I attend Logan All Breeds obedience and I find it really good. It has the option of training monday or friday nights. You can do both if your prefer. I have found trainers very friendly and knowledgeable. The puppy preschool classes are held in a special puppy pen with all the little babies. Its so cute. If you need any further details about logan just PM me :thumbsup:

Hi, Welcome :laugh:

I have been doing obedience with my boy Jet at Jimboomba. At a place called Good Dog Bad Dog, There number is (07) 5548 7988. I am very happy with them.

Good Dog bad dog also train at Mabel Park in Logan on a Sunday morning at 8.30 am

Where abouts on the southside are you? Southside dog obedience club is at Runcorn and I train there and I know they run puppy classes, they accepts pups once they've had all their vaccs. In the meantime if your pup hasn't had all it's vaccs try doing a puppy preschool at a vet or a private puppy preschool like VIP.

Good Dog Bad Dog & VIP both use positive methods, I train at VIP & know Jo from GDBD as she trains with us at VIP, both are very good.

Logan All Breed Obedience Club is still mainly old school I think, but that may suit some people & some dogs depending on what they want to do. If you are interested in obedience trialling I would recommend that you find somewhere who has instructors that trial themselves (like Logan or Southside).

Good Dog Bad Dog & VIP both use positive methods, I train at VIP & know Jo from GDBD as she trains with us at VIP, both are very good.

Logan All Breed Obedience Club is still mainly old school I think, but that may suit some people & some dogs depending on what they want to do. If you are interested in obedience trialling I would recommend that you find somewhere who has instructors that trial themselves (like Logan or Southside).

OT - mrsD you might see my little puppy at VIP at some point. His name is Rave and he's Ella's son. Aparently he's doing pretty well down there!!

OT - mrsD you might see my little puppy at VIP at some point. His name is Rave and he's Ella's son. Aparently he's doing pretty well down there!!

Awww, how old is he & what class is he doing? Who's his owner? I'll keep an eye out for him, but Im only usually down there Tuesday night & Sunday mornings for DWD training, so if he's in a class on another night of the week I may not see him until we have the christmas party.

Awww, how old is he & what class is he doing? Who's his owner? I'll keep an eye out for him, but Im only usually down there Tuesday night & Sunday mornings for DWD training, so if he's in a class on another night of the week I may not see him until we have the christmas party.

His owner is Leonie and he's about 7/8 months old. I think she does puppy gym with him on Tuesday nights from memory. He's the sexiest black and white border collie puppy around!!! :confused:

His owner is Leonie and he's about 7/8 months old. I think she does puppy gym with him on Tuesday nights from memory. He's the sexiest black and white border collie puppy around!!! :rasberry:

Ohhh I know which one he is :confused: @ the sexiest puppy bit. Leonie often has him crated where we (the girls who do DWD) have our dogs crated, you are right, he's a lovely boy :lollipop: .

• 4 years later...

Hi guys. I am desperately looking for a really good dog school for an 8 month old unsocialized huge puppy that we just rescued, that has never gone on walks, etc.

Any suggestions?

I want high quality nationally credited dog trainers (not like vet places or pet shops).

We live in Algester on the south side of brisbane.

We used Centenary Dog Obedience at Jindalee, and were pretty happy with the classes. The obedience class was quite big though.

I know there's also a dog obedience club at Oxley that might be able to help?

Thanks for the reply. At this stage we really don't know what to do or how to socialize a 40kg unsocialized dog:(

We can't walk her as she walks us into cars on the sound of other dogs or even people, she is that strong.

It is so Much simpler when they are young puppies and they are easier to control.