My Babys

gaawjustaffs

I hadn't realised that sick looking puppy hasn't been to a vet :thumbsup: alarm bells were ringing for me when I first saw that photo, and even more so when she said how quiet it was, but for some reason I thought it had been vet checked and deemed OK. Now I realise it wasn't. Oh dear, poor little pup.

thats sad, its cruel to leave an animal suffering just because you dont trust your vets, I would trust any vet more than I would trust myself, and if an animal is in need of medical help it is your responsibility and is the law that the animal is given the correct medical help it needs. The poor thing is sick, it should have been taken to the vet the second the symptoms were showing.. I am shocked by this and the other thread...

Animal cruelty generally falls into one of three categories: neglect, intentional cruelty or sexual abuse. Neglect is the failure to provide adequate water, food, shelter, or necessary care. Examples of neglect include: starvation; dehydration; inadequate shelter; parasite infestations; failure to seek veterinary care when an animal is in need of medical attention; allowing a collar to grow into an animal's skin; confinement without adequate light, ventilation, space or in unsanitary conditions; and failure to trim hoofs or nails resulting in excessive growth (e.g. hoofs curling upwards). In some cases neglect is a result of the owner's ignorance, and can be rectified by law enforcement authorities.
Edited by kyliegirl

Do you ever feel like reaching through the computer and trying to shake some sense into someone? :thumbsup:

yes that is the puppy. If he has to be pts he has to be pts i'm not gonna keep a puppy alive that shouldn't be. I will see what the vet says. I've been vet shopping in my area but can't find one that i trust

That is from the OP's post in the breeders thread, and I cannot post in there. So gaawjustaffs, please do the right thing by the pup & get the poor puppy to a vet, you live in Brisbane, not the outback!

Who cares that you don't trust any vet....they are trained, you are not!

Have the pups been to the vets at all for health checks? It concerns me that as a Registered Breeder you are not seeking treatment for a puppy that you are concerned about. If it was my first litter I would be getting them checked regularly by a vet or another breeder. Do you have a mentor? Please put your opinions aside and seek help for the puppy it is cruel not to seek help for sick animals, I am sorry if this sounds mean, but you were responsible for breeding it so you should be responsible for ensuring it gets quality care.