Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelpiesrule, doesn't matter quality of pics, its easy to see they are gorgeous fat babies..... :laugh:

Glad to hear Scarlet is on the mend Leanne.

Had a bit of a heart starter yesterday arvo, my smallest one went blue & stiff right in front of me, I nearly $h!t...

She's ok now, gave her a good vigorous rubbing and got her breathing again, and gave her a little bit on honey, bit of a ''sugar hit''. Rang long time breeder & close friend and told her about what had happened, she was saying that in the past breeders have been known to loose complete litters and what happened was that its like her sugar levels took a dive and to give her a little bit of honey, which I had already done thankgod!!!!. She is back to feeding well again but I am keeping an extremely close eye on her..

Seems in the past when this has happened to others, it has been just put down to fading puppy syndrome. Kind of glad that I am an overbaring mummy cause I am constantly checking every hour (now every 1/2 hour).

Kelpiesrule, doesn't matter quality of pics, its easy to see they are gorgeous fat babies..... :laugh:

Glad to hear Scarlet is on the mend Leanne.

Had a bit of a heart starter yesterday arvo, my smallest one went blue & stiff right in front of me, I nearly $h!t...

She's ok now, gave her a good vigorous rubbing and got her breathing again, and gave her a little bit on honey, bit of a ''sugar hit''. Rang long time breeder & close friend and told her about what had happened, she was saying that in the past breeders have been known to loose complete litters and what happened was that its like her sugar levels took a dive and to give her a little bit of honey, which I had already done thankgod!!!!. She is back to feeding well again but I am keeping an extremely close eye on her..

Seems in the past when this has happened to others, it has been just put down to fading puppy syndrome. Kind of glad that I am an overbaring mummy cause I am constantly checking every hour (now every 1/2 hour).

Thank goodness you were there chopperlodge!

We have this sort of problem all the time with poms, it might not be the same as your case but we get blood sugar drops in our pups - juvenile hypoglycemia - it occurs with the very small puppies, ones that are really active as well! This can continue right up till they are 6 months and then they kind of grow out of it. I always have honey on hand in case, but have never heard much about this happening with very young pups still feeding on mum, so I can not really tell you much about my experiences? - The only case I had was a 9 week old pup - at first I thought he had a tick, he was very wobbly on his feet, very quite, and got quite limp - the penny dropped and I quickly gave him some honey followed by a spoon of food, and watch him bounce back within half an hour - it took a couple of repeated goes to get him back to his old self but he is all good now and a happy healthy adult.

Going blue and stiff so quickly is a bit scary - I would keep a real close eye on her and the rest, I would have thought a sugar drop would have been a slower progressing thing then a sudden thing like that - but like I said I have never witness a young young pup such as yours have a drop!

Anyway I hope all is ok now and no more problems arise.

Jess.

She was a little ''quiet'', but it was hot yesterday but kept an eye on her and I am glad I did.

I have, atm, got her on her own and am feeding her myself, just till she gets a little stronger. She had fed well overnight

but because she is so much smaller, I think she expels more energy than the others that are quite a bit bigger, and at least I know what she is actually getting, and no need to exhaust herself to get it. When she picks up, will give her back to mum.

In the bullies, apparently, much more common in winter, and it tends to co-inside with getting a little chill and more often than not it is usually the smaller ones. They bounce back and there doesn't seem to be repeat occorunces once they are a few weeks old.

Luckily, you can cross us off the list for December. :) Our first oops mating didn't eventuate and Tyra is now back at the boarding kennels.

Well that good news and bad news. Good 'coz you can get yourself sorted and bad 'coz there will be no little wombats. :laugh::) :D ;)

Well we had Daisy's Xray today and although not as clear as Boots we can see 5 babies and the vet thinks he can see 2 more that may be puppies.

Between the 2 girls I am going to have a very busy Xmas :cheer:

Happy to post her xray if anyone wants to see it.

Hi All,

I am starting to get a bit worried that Scarlets pups are getting to fat and they are grizzly after a feed as if they have stomach aches. Scarlet is making that much milk now that I have to be carefull as it is coming out their noses. Her pups at 5 days weigh the same as Storms did at 9 days and there is only 3 of them and they are chubby babies. I will try and get a pic of a pup from each litter side by side as there is not much difference in them now :rofl:

Is there anything I can do to stop how much milk she is making? I have tried expressing milk but will she just make her make more?

Normally my girls never have enough milk and I have to supplement the pups si have not come across this before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Leanne

Hi everyone........apologies for being absent for so long.

The new litter of pups has been very time consuming with around the clock care, so I have not had the time to come to DOL.

I will catch up on missed posts as soon as my life has some normality back to it.

But for now here is a link to some photos of the pups.

Hope you like.

Our Current Litter

Well that good news and bad news. Good 'coz you can get yourself sorted and bad 'coz there will be no little wombats. :rofl::):dancingelephant::thanks:

It is good news. I have to work right through Christmas and only have Boxing Day off. We are pretty much sorted and just have a few boxes to unpack when we get the time. There will hopefully be more wombats next year. I just have to decide whether to mate Prada or Angel again. :rofl:

Hi All,

I am starting to get a bit worried that Scarlets pups are getting to fat and they are grizzly after a feed as if they have stomach aches. Scarlet is making that much milk now that I have to be carefull as it is coming out their noses. Her pups at 5 days weigh the same as Storms did at 9 days and there is only 3 of them and they are chubby babies. I will try and get a pic of a pup from each litter side by side as there is not much difference in them now :rofl:

Is there anything I can do to stop how much milk she is making? I have tried expressing milk but will she just make her make more?

Normally my girls never have enough milk and I have to supplement the pups si have not come across this before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Leanne

I think I have had the same problem with my little guys, but I am pretty sure it is sorted out now (Day 7). We had a few unsettled days and I was unsure whether it was the heat or stomach pain from too much milk. It lasted 2 days and now they are quite settled. I would just be patient, make sure mum is toileting them enough, and hopefully her milk production will settle down. Definitely don't express it will cause her to produce more milk.

Most of my pups had doubled their birth weight yesterday (day 6) and I am pretty sure the few that had'nt will have today, they are putting on average between 75 - 100 gr per day!

Chilli and Sterling are please to announce the pending arrival (confirmed by x-ray) of 5 puppies with a very slight possibility of a small shadow being a 6th.

She is due Thursday next week

All the best with it all - may you have a safe delivery of puppies!

Don't know where the whelping fairy is - she missed both Chopperlodge and I on saturday night and Sunday???

Well we had Daisy's Xray today and although not as clear as Boots we can see 5 babies and the vet thinks he can see 2 more that may be puppies.

Between the 2 girls I am going to have a very busy Xmas :thumbsup:

Happy to post her xray if anyone wants to see it.

WOW you are going to be very busy with all your babies :shrug: :D

I would love to see the xray