Sit Stay

newfsie

My Newfie Annabelle did a "sit stay" with kisses during a trial.

The dog next to her, a friendly kelpie, came over to her and gave her lots of kisses.

She did not move, she just looked at me with a WHAT :laugh: look :laugh::clap: :p ................I am sooooooo proud of her :laugh:

I spoke to the Judge and he said, due to the fact there was no aggression, he thought it was better to not interfere as that might cause more disruption.

This is the dog who was people/dog aggressive when we got her just over a year ago.

She now has her CCD...........My sweet big girl

My Newfie Annabelle did a "sit stay" with kisses during a trial.

The dog next to her, a friendly kelpie, came over to her and gave her lots of kisses.

She did not move, she just looked at me with a WHAT :cry: look :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: ................I am sooooooo proud of her :)

I spoke to the Judge and he said, due to the fact there was no aggression, he thought it was better to not interfere as that might cause more disruption.

This is the dog who was people/dog aggressive when we got her just over a year ago.

She now has her CCD...........My sweet big girl

:eek::eek::eek: Congratulations to you and Annabelle on her CCD - you've both obviously worked very hard and the hard work has paid off :rofl:

Congratulations to you and your dog! That is a great acheivement.

I, too, however, wish that judges and stewards would prevent this type of interaction between dogs during the stay exercises. I just don't like it - I feel like it's unfair to my dog to put her in a position where she might feel forced to choose between disobeying my cue or putting up with a strange dog being uncomfortably close. I just feel it's my job as pack leader to monitor my dog's interaction with other dogs and step in to control things if she gets uncomfortable, rather than leaving her alone to deal with it herself. So I would really prefer obedience to move to an honour-down system like in schutzhund (where each dog does a long stay while the next dog does its exercises), or have stewards collect stray dogs as soon as they break and before they can reach the other dogs who are on the stay.

JMO, and certainly not intending to take away from the pride you must be feeling at your girl's achievement, you must be very happy with her. :laugh:

Edited by Staranais

Well done - that is AWESOME!!

I agree with a couple of the others that it really isn't fair to have dogs bothering other dogs when they are working. Aggression or not I would have been stepping in and protecting my boy both from himself and the other dog. (Perhaps this is one of the reasons I don't obedience trial.)

I really envy people with the patience to teach dogs formal obedience. I've come to the conclusion that while the puppies quite like it the trial ring is just not for us.