Att: Eagle Pack Feeders

Guest english.ivy

My ridgeback is on large breed adult EP (holistic) & have also used the duck one when I could not get the other, I have previously used Royal Canin & Nutrience & found she eats about half the EP as the other two & small poos & she settles down alot quicker after eating it too. :laugh:

Edited by ridgiemum

The reason Im not happy with the EP so far is that it has not fixed the problem I have been having.

I thought my dog was allergic to wheat, but he is not completely cured, though he has much firmer stools than he was having. He still gets quite soft at times, so now I wonder if it is a grain allergy, so will try Artemis next and see how he goes. I am reluctant to take him to raw, as its not fair on the rest of his kennel mates that he gets raw 24/7 and they dont. If it comes to that then so be it, but I am putting that day off.

Guest belgian.blue
The reason Im not happy with the EP so far is that it has not fixed the problem I have been having.

I thought my dog was allergic to wheat, but he is not completely cured, though he has much firmer stools than he was having. He still gets quite soft at times, so now I wonder if it is a grain allergy, so will try Artemis next and see how he goes. I am reluctant to take him to raw, as its not fair on the rest of his kennel mates that he gets raw 24/7 and they dont. If it comes to that then so be it, but I am putting that day off.

Have decided against EP and have ordered Artemis fresh mix. I will have a fair bit of Cal Nat left over after I'm done switching Ivy over but I'm going to donate it to the dogs home near me :rofl:

Darcy was very similar while he was on EP Duck & Oatmeal. Plus add vomitting into the mix. Now hes on Artemis Maximal Grain Free and meds twice daily he rarely vomits and has nice solid poops.

Guest belgian.blue
Interesting to know, thanks poocow. Definately going to try him on the Artemis Maximal :)

Will report on how my girl goes on Artemis aswell if you like ;)

Interesting to know, thanks poocow. Definately going to try him on the Artemis Maximal :)

Whilst he doesn't love it as much as he loved Orijen he still eats it every night. This is the dog who never used to eat as well so I give it a big :thumbsup:

The lack of beet pulp didn't agree with my pup so shes on EP Holistic Chicken and she looks great on it.

Rysup my rottweiler is allergic to EP - the vet said he's one step away from anaphylaxis :thumbsup: so it is banned from my house.

Have you tried the RC? THere is also an exclusive protein range. Maxi is the only food he can eat on the whole market.

ETA I love the giant breed puppy food I think it's magical. My bordeaux was raised on it and I cannot recommend it highly enough to giant breed owners, especially those with potential growth problems.

Edited by Nekhbet

My dogs were on RC but it didn't seem to be doing anything for them

I researched both EP and Artemis Maximal

in the end I decided on Artemis as EP seems to have a big supply problem and I wanted something I could get all the time

I ordered Maximal and small breed Adult

they love the maximal not so keen on small breed

their coats changed very quickly they shine and their colour is coming back all over

I thought I was dreaming or seeing things but spoke to Judith and thats just what Artemis does

I'm very happy with the decision of picking Artemis

My two don't do well on Artemis Maximal at all - very soft stools.