150 Dogs Seized Wondai

neorotic

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion, stated in discussions here when the BBC doco first aired in Britian is that JH is a full blown PETA supporter at least, if not a card carrying member. She is certainly supporting Ingrid Newkirk's ethos and aims in a major way.

I don't believe that anyone could assemble something as skewed as that doco without having a major agenda, which has nothing to do with the health of pedigree dogs.

Of course she is interested in the Victorian legislation. It's allied with her aims. :laugh:

I noticed that when Jemima arrived, Jed, you were conspicuous in your silence. I kept expecting you to jump in with 'You're a member of PETA' and the rest of it. How about next time she's on you actually put that to her. I believe she'll point out that she has purebred working gundogs which pretty much disqualifies her from animal rights activism.

Get your specs checked, Sheridan, and go and have another look.

I noticed she didn't answer anything which didn't suit her, and I noticed she said she had flatcoats. You have said before she doesn't support PETA. I don't believe that. I didn't ask her again, I took your word that she told you she wasn't a card carrying PETA member. And as you had previously related what she said, I didn't suppose I'd get a different answer.

Did you lie about that?

And she couldn't be bothered answering any of the other questions she didn't want to, so, why bother?

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, has feathers and quacks, it's a duck for me.

We are what we give witness to, Sheridan.

Where Jemima says she has a working flatcoat.

We are indeed what we give witness to, Jed, but perhaps some of us can use the search function better than those who post, tripping over their feet in their haste to call others liars.

"PETA is a bunch of crackpots who do not care about anything but publicity and making money. They have not bothered to contact us -- and, indeed, if they did we would make it very clear we do not want their support. It devalues and marginalises a film that raises a serious issue that needs to be addressed, and quickly."

- Jemima Harrison, 8 January 2009, LA Times.

Anyone can talk the talk, it's walking the walk that counts. You are what you give witness to.

Anyone can talk the talk, it's walking the walk that counts. You are what you give witness to.

I'm going to assume this is just you not admitting that Jemima posted she had a working flatcoat despite evidence that she did. I will also assume that despite evidence she doesn't like PETA, you won't admit that either. Whatever. As I suggested earlier, you were conspicuous by your silence at the time. Why don't you just ask her. It's not like she's not contactable.

I wish to god that the breeders had of desexed my breed of choice 30 years ago when they were imported to Australia

I would not now be snowed under by Shar Pei needing rescue as they have been over bred for profit

Sorry, but even if I did breed I would desex before rehoming

I have seen it all in rescue and it aint pretty

I have read alot about the article writer Kirty and tend to agree with you

I wish to god that the breeders had of desexed my breed of choice 30 years ago when they were imported to Australia

I would not now be snowed under by Shar Pei needing rescue as they have been over bred for profit

Sorry, but even if I did breed I would desex before rehoming

I have seen it all in rescue and it aint pretty

I have read alot about the article writer Kirty and tend to agree with you

I think you can blame a rash of TV adds in the 90's for that...

shame, cause SharPeis are a lovely breed and deserve the best....

I'm going to assume this is just you not admitting that Jemima posted she had a working flatcoat despite evidence that she did. I will also assume that despite evidence she doesn't like PETA, you won't admit that either. Whatever. As I suggested earlier, you were conspicuous by your silence at the time. Why don't you just ask her. It's not like she's not contactable.

She said she had a flatcoat, or a couple, I've forgotten. I don't see that as proof she is not furthering PETA's aims. There are plenty on here, for instance, who have dogs and support PETA.

Why would I ask her? She has stated publicly that she is not a PETA supporter.

It doesn't matter what is said, for mine, Sheridan, it is what people do which speaks loudly to me.

She is a PETA supporter. She is furthering PETA's aims. By her deeds.

Words mean nothing without supporting action.

It is walks like a duck ..........................

And if she is not a PETA supporter, I am pleased that given normal circumstances she will live long enough to see how much her actions have aided their cause, and I sincerely hope she does.

She said she had a flatcoat, or a couple, I've forgotten. I don't see that as proof she is not furthering PETA's aims. There are plenty on here, for instance, who have dogs and support PETA.

It doesn't matter what is said, for mine, Sheridan, it is what people do which speaks loudly to me.

And if she is not a PETA supporter, I am pleased that given normal circumstances she will live long enough to see how much her actions have aided their cause, and I sincerely hope she does.

There are two things. 1. Jemima said she had working flatcoats. This is inconsistent with PETA's policy. 2. She has stated she does not support PETA.

To my mind, you can accuse her all you like in this sort of snipey backhanded way or you can actually have a dialogue with her. That you don't wish to talk to her says more about you than it does about her. The words cowardice and insecurity come to mind.

They just deny what PETA is aiming for ultimately, despite the published remarks of Newkirk that they want to wipe out pets.

hey dont forget, she also wants to wipe out the human race. Pretty funny considering they love to use the analogy of the holocaust for battery hens. Lunatics.

There are two things. 1. Jemima said she had working flatcoats. This is inconsistent with PETA's policy. 2. She has stated she does not support PETA.

To my mind, you can accuse her all you like in this sort of snipey backhanded way or you can actually have a dialogue with her. That you don't wish to talk to her says more about you than it does about her. The words cowardice and insecurity come to mind.

Sheridan

2. She has stated she does not support PETA.

That's right, but she has SHOWN that she does support PETA, Sheridan. Actions speak louder than words.

I have posted my opinion of the doco on the forum. Why would I want to talk her? What would I want to talk to her about? I have no interest in her at all. Why would I have?

Anything I wanted to say to her I have already said. My opinions were foreshadowed by other posters, so I didn't bother repeating what had been said.

The damage is already done, and you may erroneously rabbit on that I am behaving in a "snipey backhanded" way, but that is just your opinion, and you are obviously voicing it in the hope that I will say something rash on a public forum. I assure you that I will not. You are entitled to your opinion too, and it matters little to me what it is.

I am not sure how many times I must tell you that I did read what Jemima Harrison wrote, I know she has dogs. That doesn't change my opinion. :vomit:

That's right, but she has SHOWN that she does support PETA, Sheridan. Actions speak louder than words.

Why? Because she thinks some breeders go to extremes? Must be a lot of PETA supporters out there, Jed, because there's a lot of people who think that, including various other breeders. You can bitch and whine all you like but saying that some breeders (note the qualification of 'some', Jed) have bred unsound and extreme dogs doesn't make one a PETA supporter. Unless, you're one of those breeders, I suppose.

I have posted my opinion of the doco on the forum. Why would I want to talk her? What would I want to talk to her about? I have no interest in her at all. Why would I have?

Anything I wanted to say to her I have already said. My opinions were foreshadowed by other posters, so I didn't bother repeating what had been said.

The damage is already done, and you may erroneously rabbit on that I am behaving in a "snipey backhanded" way, but that is just your opinion, and you are obviously voicing it in the hope that I will say something rash on a public forum. I assure you that I will not. You are entitled to your opinion too, and it matters little to me what it is.

I am not sure how many times I must tell you that I did read what Jemima Harrison wrote, I know she has dogs. That doesn't change my opinion. :vomit:

Jed, you seem to think I care. I am simply pointing out what Jemima has said. As to my opinion, whose else would it be?

Edited by Sheridan

I did not want to write this in my previous post for obvious reasons but Denis Ferguson constantly avowed publicly that he loved little children. And perhaps he does.

That has never prevented him harming them

I've felt is necessary to post this, Sheridan, not to draw unpleasants comparisons to Jemima Harrison, but so you will understand what I am saying, as you do not appear to comprehend other explanations I have posted.

I did not want to write this in my previous post for obvious reasons but Denis Ferguson constantly avowed publicly that he loved little children. And perhaps he does.

I've felt is necessary to post this, Sheridan, not to draw unpleasants comparisons to Jemima Harrison, but so you will understand what I am saying, as you do not appear to comprehend other explanations I have posted.

You fail to understand the difference between a lack of understanding and disagreement and your use of Ferguson to illustrate your position would be deeply offensive to anyone who has suffered child abuse.

You fail to understand the difference between a lack of understanding and disagreement and your use of Ferguson to illustrate your position would be deeply offensive to anyone who has suffered child abuse.

I don't think so.

I have stated my position re JH. If you can't understand that, or don't want to understand, I don't have the will or the time to try to make you understand. It is not important.

And as for the crack about my breeding principles, I couldn't be bothered arguing that either, and again, your opinion isn't of any import to me. Actions speak louder than words, Sheridan, I said that earlier, and I'll repeat it.

and I'm glad you don't care because I wont have to bother continuing this pointless argument.

Edited by Jed

Registered breeders also often rehome mature dogs without desexing them. They are all over the breed pages of DOL. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Should mature dogs only be allowed to be advertised on DOL if they're desexed?

I'd say yes.

:vomit: so we should not be able to sell any main register dogs or bitches that are suitable for the show ring ?

If the dog or bitch is not of show /breeding quality , then by all means desex before rehoming but there's nothing wrong with selling a mature animal to an approved home, it's no different to selling a puppy, other than the mature animal can be viewed.

What she said!

meanwhile today, nifty vollunteers will be out doing property checks on potential fosters, including my place. So hurray for all the dogs who are or will soon be in a home environment with a behavioural plan and the love and care they need to come out of their shells. :vomit: