A Vaguely On Topic Apology

corvus

Wouldn't it be dull here if one person wrote their ideas and all the other posters said "Yes I agree."

Yes. ;) Which is why I don't start these discussions in places where everyone will agree with me. Unless I'm feeling a little battered from discussing them here. :p

I'm not in the business of converting, and I think that's where discussions about training methods can get messy and frustrating. Everyone does what they think is working best, and most people are pretty committed to that for obvious reasons. Having people come to your way of thinking is the ultimate in affirmation and everyone likes it. I don't flatter myself to think I've ever changed anyone's mind about anything and don't need to have done so to feel my opinions hold merit, but it sure is nice when you can add to a general knowledge pool or say something that makes someone think, whether it's about why they agree or why they disagree.

My two cents - you lose me with your posts as they are not succinct and meander and any point you are making gets lost in the waffle or massive blocks of text.

I also think that you do yourself a disservice by attempting to compare your hare to dog training - in my eyes, this immediately discredits any point you are making.