Agility In Sydney This Weekend

Vickie

If anyone has a free day & would like to come along & watch a trial, the Festival of Agility this weekend will be a great one to come to.

The Agility Dog of the year & Jumping Dog of the year Finals will be held first thing each morning. After 12 heats of each agility & jumping throughout the year, the top 40 dogs in NSW (and ACT) will be running off in the final. It will be fierce competition. Lately the top placing 4-5 dogs generally run within a second of each other...nail biting stuff.

All the games will also be run this weekend & they can be really fun to watch as well, especially pairs which can end up totally hilarious.

If anyone has a free day & would like to come along & watch a trial, the Festival of Agility this weekend will be a great one to come to.

The Agility Dog of the year & Jumping Dog of the year Finals will be held first thing each morning. After 12 heats of each agility & jumping throughout the year, the top 40 dogs in NSW (and ACT) will be running off in the final. It will be fierce competition. Lately the top placing 4-5 dogs generally run within a second of each other...nail biting stuff.

All the games will also be run this weekend & they can be really fun to watch as well, especially pairs which can end up totally hilarious.

Vickie - any chance of listing the dogs in the Dog of the Year finals????

What was involved to qualify and is the final a one off run??

There are 12 heats for each Agility & Jumping. The course is supposed to be Open level without the distance section. The winner of each heat gets 40 points, 2nd place 39 points & so on down to 1 point. It is possible to get points with a fault if there are less than 40 dogs who ran clear. To make it fair, since lots of people do not attend every heat, the top 6 scores for each dog are added up to form the final tally.

The final is a one off run, but the real winners (the agility & jumping dog of the year) are the handlers & dogs who win the cumulative pointscore at the end of the year & they get to keep & have their name engraved on the big trophy for a year.

Best of luck with Trim :)

Thanks :rofl: , we'll do our best, but like I said, competition is pretty tough.

I might bring Arrow with me but you're not allowed to 'sell' him to anyone Vickie :rofl::love:

Awww...you spoil all my fun. So why don't you want to utilise my expert sales pitch?????? :D Is there something you're not telling us?

Will he be coming out here for training soon ? :)

Thanks Barb

It was amazing looking at the list, to see how many people I know. :rofl:

:love: not really so amazing :) you are one of the most travelled agility people I know. I've only left NSW once for agility & am sure I have met you at least 4-5 times over the years.

Thanks Barb

:love: not really so amazing :) you are one of the most travelled agility people I know. I've only left NSW once for agility & am sure I have met you at least 4-5 times over the years.

Dare I ask if we will see you in WA next year????

Thanks Barb

:rofl: not really so amazing :) you are one of the most travelled agility people I know. I've only left NSW once for agility & am sure I have met you at least 4-5 times over the years.

Dare I ask if we will see you in WA next year????

If that was to me - yes, hopefully. It will be stretching it a bit - Kirra will be 8, though hopefully still fit - I'll be a year older :rofl: , and my little big Winpara man will probably not be in the ring yet - at the rate my training is progressing :D . (Darn work gets in the way - but is necessary, to fund the luxury dog-friendly accommodation I've already booked in Perth :love: ).

Are you planning on going over, Vickie? And when are all you guys coming over to Tasmania? :rofl:

Are you planning on going over, Vickie?

not 100% sure yet Barb, but it seems very unlikely at this stage. Apart from the financial aspect, I don't see me finding a way to leave my 5yo here while we go & I am sure as hell not taking him :) . Chloe & I would love to drive across Aust. & take some photos along the way but I think it's really just a dream, I can't seem to find a way to make it happen. A shame b/c Trim is really running brilliantly right now & Shine is not too far behind her.

It is just such a long wait till the next Nationals...

And when are all you guys coming over to Tasmania? :rofl:

same as above. I love Tassie, I have only been once, many years ago, but would love to go back with my camera.

Edited by Vickie

Hmm Tassie my parents are coming to Tassie in a month or so :) but your question wasn't addressed to me LOL.

Oh and Tassie if I hold midget widget off for the Nationals does this mean she will be running against the little big man in Novice :rofl: . Just as well they are having separate heights :D .

ETA. Good luck to all these trialling in Sydney this weekend :love:.

Edited by ness

Are you planning on going over, Vickie? And when are all you guys coming over to Tasmania? :)

Are you having your big agility weekend in March again Tassie?

As far as I know, that will be in the off-Nationals year - so I guess, 2011. It was quite a big and rather expensive undertaking for our small club - not something they're prepared to let us do each year :) .

Hmm Tassie my parents are coming to Tassie in a month or so :) but your question wasn't addressed to me LOL.

Oh and Tassie if I hold midget widget off for the Nationals does this mean she will be running against the little big man in Novice :) . Just as well they are having separate heights :love: .

ETA. Good luck to all these trialling in Sydney this weekend :rofl:.

Hey Ness, at the rate I'm training Rory (not), Kenzie will be in Masters by the time I get him into Novice :) .

And yes - I know Tasmania is in the wrong direction for you :( .

There are 12 heats for each Agility & Jumping. The course is supposed to be Open level without the distance section. The winner of each heat gets 40 points, 2nd place 39 points & so on down to 1 point. It is possible to get points with a fault if there are less than 40 dogs who ran clear. To make it fair, since lots of people do not attend every heat, the top 6 scores for each dog are added up to form the final tally.

The final is a one off run, but the real winners (the agility & jumping dog of the year) are the handlers & dogs who win the cumulative pointscore at the end of the year & they get to keep & have their name engraved on the big trophy for a year.

I wish we did something similar, particularly the top 6 scores.

Our equivalent is only for Masters dogs, with submission of 15 Masters passes to qualify for our Top Dog. 1st place is 10 points, all the way to 10th place with 1 point. You really need to be submitting over 100 points to make it, but it's hard to tell as the points are never announced or published. It's tough on those who don't trial as much - I much prefer the NSW way! :)

As far as I know, that will be in the off-Nationals year - so I guess, 2011. It was quite a big and rather expensive undertaking for our small club - not something they're prepared to let us do each year :) .

Shame...I had planned some travelling next year :)