Litters Due: October 2009

jerojath

I wouldn't think she could take much....it's mostly the nutrients and fluids that do the trick I think not so much the amount.

Dehydration would be a far bigger risk than anything else at this stage and it's a catch 22 because it takes energy to feed but to get energy they have to feed. :grouphug:

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww..so sorry Whipitgood. RIP little whippy baby. You fought hard and so did Whipitgood. :flame:

My little girl is still hanging in there. She has put on weight and although she is still wheezy and rattley, it isn't all the time like it was before. So :flame: we have turned a corner with her.

So sorry to hear that Whipitgood. At least you know you did everything to help her along...

:walkdog:

So sad :D , poor baby.

It makes me laugh that people think breeding dogs is all cute fluffy puppies, most dont see the hard times we go through.

We have a litter born of 10 last month and we lost 2 nearly straight after birth then another one after 4 days of tube feeding and vet visits. The remaining 7 are 4.5 weeks and lots of fun but I dont think I will ever forget losing that last little girl

Morning all. :( Feeling a bit precious :laugh: frequent waking.

I roared down to SwaY's last night and got some feeding tubes. Previous lot had been eatz :laugh: as has the cap that goes on the top of a bottle and because it is a vintage glass one the chance of replacement is slim. :laugh:

This morning 2 tri's have put on weight and blenmeim only lost 1 gram. They are well hydrated and moving around well even piled themselves under the sheet in the whelping box. :laugh:

Cleo has got a few drops of milk. :):love:

What a night! :laugh:

Last night little purple girl took a RAPID turn for the worse and I thought she was a goner. I spent most of the night with her either snuggled down my bra or tube feeding her. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO pleased I decided to order those tubes "just in case". She was gasping for breath and making the most horrid noises...it was heartbreaking.

In the early hours, I gave her back to her mother and she was happy enough to move around to her mother and snuggle and Vanni isn't pushing her away so whilst they are still showing some kind of interest in each other, I'll keep persevering.

But I honestly think her days are numbered. :o

I was going to be doing dew claws this weekend. I think I'll do pink girl's (she's a HUGE big fat heifer) and leave little purple's where they are. It won't hurt her.

I so hope your little girl is OK this morning Ellz. I know what you mean about dew claws, i left my remaining fat little chunkers for an extra day just to make sure they were not compromised in any way, after losing half my litter.

Sending strong spirited puppy vibes your way.

Thanks for asking jerojath. :)

Still touch and go I'm afraid. Her weight is fluctuating so much it is scary at the moment she's hovering around 222gr. Have stepped up the tubing. Vanni is still interested in her. So I'm doing a lot of praying.

Her lumpkin of a sister on the other hand has gained 100gr since birth.