Litters Due: October 2009

jerojath

3 walks and some synto and shes had 2 more fawn boys. :thumbsup:

Her uterus was atonic, as soon as i gave her the synto she started contracting again. There is definately 1 more, maybe 2, so hopefully she will get on and deliver them. Poor love is exhausted. :rasberry:

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK think she is done! Couldnt figure out if there were 6 or 7 on xray but it appears there were 6.

So we have 1st blue and white boy born dead.

3 live boys all fawn and white. 1 live girl - blue and white parti.

1 very dead and decomposed last female puppy :rasberry: Never had this before so not sure what causes that? It had been dead a while, but fully developed.

Anyway, i have 4 beautiful babies and 1 girl who will stay with me. :thumbsup:

post-6570-1256624509_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1256624515_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1256624526_thumb.jpg

The very dead and decomposed baby might have been that discharge you were talking about weeks ago, whipitgood.

Hi Whippets, i dont think that discharge was associated with the decomposed pup. That discharge was just was a few days after her matings, i was more worried that conception handnt taken place or she was aborting. This pup was completely developed and formed and would have only died in the last week or so.

I am however, worried that the live pups may have been exposed to some sort of revolting infection. I am putting Scarlett on antibiotics. Not keen on starting ABs on the pups just yet, but not keen on waiting for them to get sick either! :thumbsup:

Hi Chocolate

Shes my only girl and the one i will keep here. Shes a dilute fawn parti, i thought she was blue but now she has dried off a bit im sure she is fawn. Shes pretty isnt she. I wanted a girl out of this litter so i hope she turns out, im sure she will. She has made a good start by having nice markings! :cheer:

I wanted a girl out of this litter so i hope she turns out, im sure she will. She has made a good start by having nice markings! :laugh:

:cheer:

I'm so thrilled you got what you wanted! :rofl:

Once I'd gotten over the shock of the circumstances of my litter actually happening, I kept telling Vanni that if she would just have a little girl for me, all would be forgiven! Well, Rimes was obviously keen on forgiveness too cos he gave me TWO little girls! :laugh:

Kimmy still isn't out of the woods yet, but she's finding the boob a lot better than she was earlier so fingers crossed she makes it through tonight. Every day is a gift at this stage! :laugh:

I may have to get jerojath to move me into the October thread. Milk up to 3rd row of nipples late last night. Will see what tonight brings when I get home from work. BBJ set the whelping box up today. :cheer:

Is that usually a sign in your breed? I only ask because I've never found it to be reliable. In fact, Vanni had milk in ALL nipples about 3 weeks ago.

I may have to get jerojath to move me into the October thread. Milk up to 3rd row of nipples late last night. Will see what tonight brings when I get home from work. BBJ set the whelping box up today. :cheer:

I'm always here BB - just give me the nod! :laugh:

Hi Chocolate

Shes my only girl and the one i will keep here. Shes a dilute fawn parti, i thought she was blue but now she has dried off a bit im sure she is fawn. Shes pretty isnt she. I wanted a girl out of this litter so i hope she turns out, im sure she will. She has made a good start by having nice markings! :cheer:

Oh that's wonderful that's she the girl, she is VERY pretty :laugh:

I may have to get jerojath to move me into the October thread. Milk up to 3rd row of nipples late last night. Will see what tonight brings when I get home from work. BBJ set the whelping box up today. :rofl:

Is that usually a sign in your breed? I only ask because I've never found it to be reliable. In fact, Vanni had milk in ALL nipples about 3 weeks ago.

Ellz I do not know about the breed in general but I have noticed in my girls that its usually within 24 hours once they have milk in top nipples.

In my current 2 girls the top nipples are very tiny and not well developed, 11 by the way, but do get milk.

Latest is a few contractions overnight vagina looking big and a bit of mucous. This afternoon would be perfect as I only work half a day.

That's really interesting (I mean it). I've NEVER noticed a co-relation between milk production and whelping, except that most of my bitches do have some kind of milk production going prior to whelping. I think what struck me particularly about Vanni was the fact that she is my first maiden in a VERY long time to have full milk prior to labour. Most of my maidens tend not to have a lot....some but just not a "full bag" before whelping.

I did read in Karen Hedberg's book that when there is milk production easily in the top (small) nipples to expect labour within 24 hours and I freaked at the time because that would have meant puppies 3 weeks early! :rofl: :rofl:

That's really interesting (I mean it). I've NEVER noticed a co-relation between milk production and whelping, except that most of my bitches do have some kind of milk production going prior to whelping. I think what struck me particularly about Vanni was the fact that she is my first maiden in a VERY long time to have full milk prior to labour. Most of my maidens tend not to have a lot....some but just not a "full bag" before whelping.

I did read in Karen Hedberg's book that when there is milk production easily in the top (small) nipples to expect labour within 24 hours and I freaked at the time because that would have meant puppies 3 weeks early! :eek::confused:

Ah Huh thats probably where I gained the info from. I read her book word by word before my first litter. :rofl: :D :mad

I find the bottom nipples get milk about 7.5 to 8 weeks. They have enlarged before this. Be interesting to watch my next maiden to see what occurs.

:laugh: I have the Hedberg book and have obviously read it, but it isn't my bible. I actually prefer Everydog by Rowan/Blogg and recommend that one to my puppy people. I think I'm on about my third copy I've read it that much and worn the others out! ;)

My little poppets are going great guns at the moment. Even little Kimmy has now regained her birth weight and a little bit extra so provided she doesn't get pneumonia from the fluid that is still in her lungs, she should be fine. I've been doing postural percussion on her and it certainly loosens it up so hopefully it will dry up soon. She certainly has no problems finding the boob now AND fending off her piggy big sister. And BOY OH BOY is she cute!!!!!!!