Litters Due: October 2009

jerojath

:dancingelephant: we are pushing! Started nesting and woke me at 3am. Doing this from my mobile in the whelping room so i hope it works. Congrats to u ellz! U beat me!

Best of luck! Hownice of her to whelp at such a sane hour :dancingelephant:

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st pup blue and white parti colour. DOA. Had been dead a while. Shes taking her time here, hope she goes Ok.

:dancingelephant: RIP little bubba whippy.

Hey....don't talk to ME about taking time. Here I was thinking after Vanni had cleaned up and settled down comfortably to feed in the wee dark hours of stupid o'clock that she was all finished and then out pops Kimmy at 7.41.....I've NEVER had a 5 hour delay between puppies. And come to think of it, I haven't actually had a bitch that hasn't had ANY contractions but suddenly has a puppy hanging from her bum either! :dancingelephant:

HUGE congrats to you Ellz on your little girls!!! :dancingelephant:

Hope all goes well with them both. :happydance2:

Thanks jerojath! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled to have not just one but TWO little bubba girlies to squish!! :dancingelephant:

I think things are looking up for little Kimmy, she is warming up now and is supporting herself better rather than just doing that awful paddling motion on her side. That always strikes fear into my heart. :dancingelephant:

She's latching on pretty well too now but I still think Vanni may need a shot of calcium to help with letdown.

Hey Ellz,

Well done on Miss Vanni's 2 sweet widdle girlies :dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

Are you sure she isnt going to pop another little one in the next couple of hours ???

Whipitgood, so sorry to hear about the little one, heres hoping its all smooth sailing from now on...

Must be something about long delays! :)

I tell you though, if I'd had the slightest inkling that there was another puppy hiding in there after the 2.46am delivery, it would have been pulled out of her well before the 7.41am start time of its choice! :confused:

I'd be gone and have them out by now

Really? Even if she isnt pushing? My next step would be oxytocin, but once ive given that then she has a time limit before i have to jump in and section her. While she is comfortable im happy to leave her.

I know some bitches have a long rest beteen pups, without pushing. Whats peoples thoughts?? Its not like i cant section her, my husband is on hand to take us into work and he will do the caesar as soon as we think she needs it. But i would like to give her time to do it herself, while she is not distressed. She has had a previous litter successfully.

Thoughts and advice?!

I'd be gone and have them out by now

Really? Even if she isnt pushing? My next step would be oxytocin, but once ive given that then she has a time limit before i have to jump in and section her. While she is comfortable im happy to leave her.

I know some bitches have a long rest beteen pups, without pushing. Whats peoples thoughts?? Its not like i cant section her, my husband is on hand to take us into work and he will do the caesar as soon as we think she needs it. But i would like to give her time to do it herself, while she is not distressed. She has had a previous litter successfully.

Thoughts and advice?!

For me, my bitches are usually only bred once, so if things aren't progressing in good time I'll take them in and have a c-section to get the babies out. The longer they are in there after commencement of labour, the higher the risk of them being DOA

Of course, this is just my opinion and everyone is different :)

Well, Vanni's birth story was easy. She nested and she strained hard to expel puppy number one for an hour. No panting whatsoever. Screamed like a banshee when the puppy finally crowned.

She then settled down, cleaned herself and the puppy, rolled over to open the milk bar and went to sleep.

5 hours later, no nesting, no panting, no straining....I was changing her newspaper because I thought she had piddled in the Puppy Palace and all of a sudden she jumped up and spun around with a puppy hanging from her butt.

Puppy was snorting fluid and no amount of swinging or suctioning would remove it.....she was quite flat, laying on her side doing that AWFUL slow paddling motion that all breeders hate to see, and almost shellshocked.

Given my time over again, if I'd known that she was in there waiting to come out, I would probably have not let Vanni go past a couple of hours, for the sake of the puppy if nothing else.