Litters Due: October 2009

jerojath

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small things amuse small minds! I just felt the puppers move for the first time!! :(

Ellz that's not a small thing - I've been sleeping each night with my 'expecting Mum'

with my hand on her feeling the puppies! I think it's very special. It doesn't last long, so enjoy it now. :)

Edit to add - My expecting wife would probably rather I was sleeping beside HER with my hand on HER belly! :rofl:

Edited by jerojath

Small things amuse small minds! I just felt the puppers move for the first time!! :(

Ellz that's not a small thing - I've been sleeping each night with my 'expecting Mum'

with my hand on her feeling the puppies! I think it's very special. It doesn't last long, so enjoy it now. :p

Edit to add - My expecting wife would probably rather I was sleeping beside HER with my hand on HER belly! :rofl:

Nah kids hang around longer than dogs. :)

Just thought I'd drop these in for everyone to see.

These are the newest elkbubs

post-12585-1255345399_thumb.jpg

post-12585-1255345411_thumb.jpg

GORGEOUS! I'm so happy mum & bubs are doing well. Sorry for the loss of the one boy, but it's best to concentrate on the living than fret about the lost one.

Can't wait to see more photos. Get some rest and give your girl a :mad for being so good.

Small things amuse small minds! I just felt the puppers move for the first time!! :love:

with my hand on her feeling the puppies! I think it's very special. It doesn't last long, so enjoy it now. :eek:

Edit to add - My expecting wife would probably rather I was sleeping beside HER with my hand on HER belly! :mad

:(

Just thought I'd drop these in for everyone to see.

These are the newest elkbubs

post-12585-1255345399_thumb.jpg

post-12585-1255345411_thumb.jpg

Awww they are lovely!! Bubelks are my favourite kind of bub.

Good luck with your litters everyone!! I love reading all about the expectant mums!

Hows your girl going Jerojath?? .......... :rofl:

Not too well. Whelped a big healthy boy at 4:45pm, but by 6:00pm there was no further action so on with the glove!

Nothing in the birth canal yet no further contractions so off to the Vet.

Ultrasound showed more live pups but nil progression so decided on a C/Section.

Awaiting the result now.....

Edit: How's your lass going Whipitgood? Not too long now for her...

Edited by jerojath

Jerojath Love Over Gold (Amy) is pleased to report the safe delivery of 3 Boys & 2 Girls.

:confused: Yay congrats Jerojath, glad mum and bubs are OK.

My girls is fat and uncomfortable and now this hot weather has hit - im sure she will be even less happy! 1 week till her due date though i think she may go a bit later, from the last mating. Fun watching babies move around and kick! I deliver skin babies and look after preggie mums for a living - whippets puppies are so much more exciting! :lollipop:

Today we had to pts our smallest puppy. She was born at 11 oz last Friday and she had not gained at all. The other 4 littermates are quite large and she was still so tiny. She would nurse, but she was not getting the nutrients. Her stool was strange too. We gave her liquid Clavamox and also plain yoghurt, but no luck. So we said goodbye to her today. :(

We sent her body to the diagnostic lab at Texas A&M University vet school. The pathologist is looking forward to doing her necropsy. When I get results, I will be sure to share them.

She wore the ribbon with flowers, so we called her "flowers". RIP little miss. :)