Sue Hogben Seminar

All this talk on stay training and not moving feet and release cues actually motivated me enough tonight to work on the midget some more :D . I was throwing balls everywhere, teasing her with tug toys, tossing tug ropes over the top of her head behind her and she was pretty good on the whole. She moved a few times but only the first time, second time I couldn't get her to budge even move one foot. Was doing all three positions easily and had very nice solid stand stays even with me rolling the ball slowly past her or circling each foot with the ball :D .

Lexi was one of the demo dogs I took yesterday. She has lots of issues and hasn't had the finness training that the others have had. In fact over the last 3 months she has done very little. She regularly moves during her SFE, in fact she actually leans away as the person walks towards her and always moves at least 1 foot as I return to her.

Well today - she was much more confident, didn't lean as the judge walked towards her and kept all 4 feet firmly planted as I returned to her. Yee Har 20/20 for SFE

Thank you Sue!!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Lexi :D . Hmm maybe I should have been flogging somebody elses SFEs considering they moved 2 feet yesterday and they are trialling on Friday and Saturday night :) .

It appears motivation travels through cyberspace so thanks for filling me (and others) in on what was covered. :D

Edited by ness

:)

I saw you to. Ruby was very well behaved sitting quitely in her crate. I had to keep feeding Banjo treats to stop him screaming :D .

She whined her little heart out when we did that end part with just the humans. If I took Millie with me, she would have barked the place down :D So I guess I can handle a few whines as it's better than barking! I have to work on that with Millie, not sure how to, though :)

Can you rent yourself out as a figure 8 post for me too? Cos that is some good distraction work - Ruby stops to say hello to her figure 8 posts quite often

borrow some people tomorrow night. I will find some randoms for you. And Katie, you can come home with us..can you cook? :whip:

I tend to only bring Millie on Mondays now as they are ratbags together at training, but maybe I will risk it and bring both tomorrow night so I can work Ruby in the ring and skip the class. Some randoms for figure 8 posts would be awesome, thanks :D And nope, can't cook to save myself! But I can bake :p

Well today - she was much more confident, didn't lean as the judge walked towards her and kept all 4 feet firmly planted as I returned to her. Yee Har 20/20 for SFE

Thank you Sue!!!!!!!!

:D :D :)

I might get off my butt and do some stay training while watching TV. Didn't get a chance today :whip: