Sue Hogben Seminar

I was just wondering who's going to the Sue Hogben seminar on Saturday? I'm coming with Banjo. I'm a bit nervous because we're nowhere near trialling level :) . I'm looking forward to it though :) .

Edited by Tiggy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will definitely have to try and get to a Sue Hogben seminar one of these days, she's supposed to be great!

Although I've heard that she says she won't train Siberians or Mallies, which is funny as my Siberian is highly trainable. Next time she comes to Brissy, I will definitely have to ask her about it! :)

I was just wondering who's going to the Sue Hogben seminar on Saturday? I'm coming with Banjo. I'm a bit nervous because we're nowhere near trialling level :) . I'm looking forward to it though :) .

I'll be there. Always good to hear it from the Guru. :)

Don't be nervous, just take it all in :)

I will be there but without a dog, unless I can get puppy puppy up to doing stays by the end of the week :)

Actually hmm Beans dropped during her sit stay on Saturday :) - as she runs off to email the guru to see if she can take Beans

I will be there but without a dog, unless I can get puppy puppy up to doing stays by the end of the week :)

Actually hmm Beans dropped during her sit stay on Saturday :) - as she runs off to email the guru to see if she can take Beans

Told her Alex can be demo dog as he stood in his sit stay , fell over in his stand stay , then flipped in his down stay this afternoon at K9 :) When are the Nats again??? :)

Told her Alex can be demo dog as he stood in his sit stay , fell over in his stand stay , then flipped in his down stay this afternoon at K9 :) When are the Nats again??? :)

Hmm maybe you and I could do strategic pairs - nobody would ever know :)

Guess what we are practicing every day/night :cheer:

And here I was thinking Kenzie wouldn't be ready for the Nationals cos she wouldn't stay - sounds like she would just blend in nicely :) . As for Ness I have everything crossed for a non-repeat of last years stay disaster at the Royal :) .

I will definitely have to try and get to a Sue Hogben seminar one of these days, she's supposed to be great!

Although I've heard that she says she won't train Siberians or Mallies, which is funny as my Siberian is highly trainable. Next time she comes to Brissy, I will definitely have to ask her about it! :)

I was concerned with your comment so I asked Sue to reply...to quote her..

I've never said I 'won't' train Sibes or Mallies, but from the few dogs I've

seen here they don't seem easy dogs to train, when they do work well they're

wonderful! I know in NZ they cross Sibes with BCs to breed excellent

obedience dogs.

End of quote.

Hope that clears a few things :)

Tiggy - I will come and say hi - be warned you will go home mentally tired from all the things you want to go home and try.

Actually hmm Beans dropped during her sit stay on Saturday :cheer: - as she runs off to email the guru to see if she can take Beans

Hmm maybe you and I could do strategic pairs - nobody would ever know :)

Guess what we are practicing every day/night :cheer:

..now if you had come back with Puppy we could've done some training..... :)

Although I've heard that she says she won't train Siberians or Mallies, which is funny as my Siberian is highly trainable. Next time she comes to Brissy, I will definitely have to ask her about it! :p

I was concerned with your comment so I asked Sue to reply...to quote her..

I've never said I 'won't' train Sibes or Mallies, but from the few dogs I've

seen here they don't seem easy dogs to train, when they do work well they're

wonderful! I know in NZ they cross Sibes with BCs to breed excellent

obedience dogs.

End of quote.

Hope that clears a few things :)

Oh, sorry if I caused any concern :eek: it was just a passing comment I heard that piqued my curiousity (for obvious reasons) - I would love to attend one of Sue's seminars ;) Thanks for clearing that up for me :) Although I must admit I've heard about the BC/sibe crossed and find the concept absolutely terrifying :laugh::rofl:

I was just wondering who's going to the Sue Hogben seminar on Saturday? I'm coming with Banjo. I'm a bit nervous because we're nowhere near trialling level :rofl: . I'm looking forward to it though :) .

Tiggy - I will come and say hi - be warned you will go home mentally tired from all the things you want to go home and try.

I'll be the one with the noisy Staffy :eek::laugh: .

I was just wondering who's going to the Sue Hogben seminar on Saturday? I'm coming with Banjo. I'm a bit nervous because we're nowhere near trialling level :eek: . I'm looking forward to it though ;) .

I'll be the one with the noisy Staffy :):laugh: .

I will keep my ears open for you :rofl:

Dont' forget to bring lots of yummy treats and toys if she prefers toys.

Tiggy, if I can pick you out of the crowd by Banjo, I will say hi too, but please look for me and the Lab who will either be eating the grass or just being a plain nuisance! :laugh: To anyone else going that I haven't met, please don't be a stranger! I don't know many people :eek:

I want to hire a scribe so I can have them take the notes while I spend my whole time listening! Sooo hard to do both!! :rofl:

Does anyone know whereabouts at the K9 it's being held? Undercover or one of the ovals?

Edited by RubyStar