Review Of E Or Stim Collar

Hi All,

I have an Innotek ADV-300, the blue block type with a blue block shaped transmitter. I am looking to buy another, either the same again or an IUT-300 which seems to be more streamlined and may be an improvement on the ADV-300. Wondering if anyone has the IUT-300 and if they have any comments about it?

The ADV-300 has been good.

Positives:

Still working after 2yrs

Does the job

Water resistant

Different levels of stim

Negatives:

Can't get battery out of transmitter to replace

Block shape is cumbersome on dog's collar

Dogs easily learn when they are wearing it by it's shape and weight

Tone is either not working or has no effect - no way to test

Transmitter and Reciever have to be held together and button pushed after charging to re-set

Terminals on collar will dig in to dog's neck if it is left on them

Rubber insulators on terminals fall off in short time

I've got the contain and train one, i thinks its iuc-4100 or something. Its great but the only downfall is the remote trainer doesnt have enough stim levels so i cant use it. I dont have a problem with the terminals digging into her neck because she only has the collar on very loose, she doesn't need to get shocked, the tone is enough for her. she's not silly, she always stops just short before the tone at the fence.

The collar is very light and waterproof, as well as the remote

Transmitter beeps if there is a break in the wire (which is handy for 30 acres)

I love it, just that little bit more added security of keeping your dog in (there is a fence as well)

And the battery seems to last for months without having to recharge (not using the trainer)

I use these collars regularly. I find the IUT 300 to be really good with one problem- I have probably used about 30 of the collars and 5-10 have had issues where they ahve needed to be repaired- this has been done promptly at no expense by innotek but can be annoying. They are the only streamlined collars available and fit well, hence i put up with some of the 'teething problems'. In every other respect, i find them very good.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll see if they have a local stockist as I'd like to actually handle it before I buy but it's not likely here. Thanks for telling me about the service from Innotek Cosmolo, good service is a big part of the decision.

I will have a look at one other, a dogtra, but I really want to try the streamlined type. Hopefully the dogs won't catch on so quick!

Cheers,

Michelle

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll see if they have a local stockist as I'd like to actually handle it before I buy but it's not likely here. Thanks for telling me about the service from Innotek Cosmolo, good service is a big part of the decision.

I will have a look at one other, a dogtra, but I really want to try the streamlined type. Hopefully the dogs won't catch on so quick!

Cheers,

Michelle

My previous post on this subject was edited for an as yet to be understood reason by the administration.

If you are looking for a collar that ticks all the boxes, is relsilient and also high in features, waterproof, easier to use and adjust on the fly, then call the person that is supposedly the sole victorian distributor of these products.

Forell Dog Products 0418348804

THIS IS NOT MY BUSINESS AND I DO NOT PROFIT FROM YOU CONTACTING THIS BUSINESS. DO NOT MENTION MY NAME REGARDING YOUR ENQUIRY AND I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO CALL THIS NUMBER IN ORDER TO GET SOME FREE EXPERT ADVICE WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO BUY FROM THEM OR NOT!!!

INFORMATION IS NOT USUALLY REALLY FREE, HOWEVER THESE PPL WILL TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO YOU. ASK FOR TONIA.

I have been using the Innotek Pro Scout as the other collars were ignored by my Dobe. It is a training collar not a barking collar.

The after sales service by Innotek is very good. The unit itself is also very good in all areas except perhaps for the feature that if it is not used for 6 hours it automatically turns itself off which doesn't suit my situations all the time but obviously can be overcome if you remember to operate it every now and then.

The unit has a large range of stimulations and it can be positive as well as negative. It has a very decent range of operation (distance) for field work.

It is rechargable - no batteries required.