What Program From These Three?

WildatHeart

Guest Tess32

It depends on what YOU want to do. Lightroom is more of a catalogue system than an editing program, whereas photoshop and paintshop pro are primarily for editing.

Photoshop is obviously the most successful of those two, but if you don't WANT to do fancy stuff, it won't matter.

Hi.

It all depends on your level of expertise, and what you want to do with your photos.

If you want to

do complicated editing, then photoshop is what you need .

However, if you have never used a program such as photoshop before, and want to experience the possibilities before buying.. and want to learn as you go, how to improve lighting, sharpen,add text and effects, crop, remove blemishes/backgrounds..

then the following programs will do this , and FREE !

THIS is what I mostly use.

THIS is a power-packed program... capable of all sorts of tricks :cry:

and

THIS is a useful program as well :kissbetter:

I do occasionally use my photoshop and /or lightroom... but not often.

I use Paintshop Pro...I find it user friendly and I have learnt alot through tutorials. I want to try PS...for further techniques. In the main part Paintshop is good value for money if you dont want to commit to the $ of PS...which was a consideration in my case.

A tip - when starting up picasa...... make sure you tell it to NOT search your computer/HD for images ....it will grab everything it finds and copy it ...clogging up your puter :cry:

tell it to only search certain folders, and you'll be fine. :kissbetter::love:

this may help

When you first install Picasa it will ask you if you want it to scan your computer for images and create a library for you. Be careful here. Unless you give it some limits, Picasa will add every image on your hard drive to the library. It doesn’t move the images but it does list the folders they are in. You have more images on your computer than you realize. I recommend you restrict the search to your “My Pictures” folder or your “My Documents” folder.

from HERE

Edited by persephone

I got some prices at work today and the student edition of CS4 extended was within my budget and can in at a cheap price of $160 so I got that  I figured I will learn to use it eventually and it was cheap enough.

Great bargain

I also love lightroom. Was talking to a wildlife photographer that uses lightroom. He said that when he goes on trips he takes loads of photos so it is by far the best tool for him editing his photos - I tried the trial version

Edited by helen

what else do you use, did you find that lightroom was better?

I use Photoshop, too. For my needs, Lightroom gets the heaviest use by far. There are things I use PS for, of course, and I wouldn't be without or similar as well as Lightroom. But LR is always being used, PS only gets opened for particular tasks.