Lump On Nose

perrin

Poor Georgie ran face first (literally) into our steps about 2 weeks ago and shortly after a lump appeared.

Has anyone had any experience with something similar?

She will be going in on Friday to be speyed and the vet is going to i guess cut it out for testing if he thinks it is something sinister whilst she is under.

I would have thought that two weeks would be long enough for any bruising to disapear if it was indeed from the accident. :eek:

054.jpg

021.jpg

Edited by perrin

I have a horse that had a lump appear on his nose suddenly, after checking him over the vet wanted to do a biopsy and/X-ray and gave him some anti-inflammatories and said to wait a few days.

On closer inspection it was found that he'd lost a shoe hooning in the paddock, the shoe had struck him in the face, broke a tooth off and that's why he had a lump. It took quite a while to disappear altogether but did go away completely within two months.

Since you fellow did run into the wall, (sounds like a haemetoma) I don't think it's likely to be anything sinister that would need cutting out but it's good your vet can have a closer look at it.

Sure it'll be fine.

oh, i just saw this

yep, i had the same thing with Atlas, his lump wasnt as big, but it was there! vet checked it over, said he had ran into something ( didnt see it happen) and with time it went away

I forgot to come and give an update! :confused: Too much excitement going on at our house.

The vet did a fine needle aspiration on her nose and declared it a lump that had hardened into a cyst.

I must admit i was getting a bit paranoid (even though i saw her run into the step so knew what it was from) because i had recently had to pts our old horse because of re-curring cancer. But the vet said it should be fine and will check when i take her back to get her stitches out.

any update?? i am lump phobic .. ( actually raced into vet with my late Lucinda , in a major panic.. my vet peered at the lump and muttered nipple befire falling about laughing ) lol

H

:confused: That is hilarious.