The Little Man's A Little Off..

Jessm

So I had Leo at the vets on sunday because he had 'acute' vomiting- the fed said it was some form of gastro (forgive me i'm useless and forget) that his tummy was very rumbly but because he was alert not dehydrated and all his vital signs it wasn't that bad- he gave him an injection for the vomiting, to stop it, and some tablets if it keeps up. He also said to expect some diarrhea, and not to be worried if it happens.

It's now friday (he started being sick on sat, so 6 days later) and i've noticed a bit of diarrhea, should I be worried or is this normal? Could his tummy still be upset? I did give him carcasses for the first time this week last night and he has had some treats and what not (not excessive though)- should I put him back on just bikkies for another week? He is still bright and alert and his happy self, he isn't dehydrated, his gums are nice and pink, his tummy isn't sore to touch/press, all his vital signs seem normal and everything seems to be in order, i'm just a bit of a paranoid parent I guess.

His gums are a bit red, but he is teething, could he have diarrhea because of the teething? (I may be going out on a limb here haha, I just know babies can get it when they're teething and all sorts of funny things)

He is due for his 16week needles next week, so I will talk to the vet again then- hopefully it has stopped though. I just don't if I should worry or not- I need some guidance.

i would keep him on the basic, safe diet for at least another week and only introduce things in tiny amounts. Puppies tummies can be sensitive for a while after a tummy bug :)

I think I know there isn't really anything to be worried about and know what I have to do, i'm just paranoid and don't want to take chances, rather the "better to be safe then sorry method" I need reassurance.

And you, and I think it's jed aswell, are machines, you guys 'know everything' -so to speak, such great help to have on here. Ya's just have a way of putting things to make you think "yeh-der" aswell. Not to get corny or anything :hug:

or we just have no other lives then dogs :hug:

if you are worried dont be afraid to take to the vet... once a sensitive tummy then always better to err on the side of caution ... and remember your pup has a tummy so tiny! What you think is a tiny treat is almost a meal for your pup!

Haha, although that isn't such a bad thing. You should start charging for replies :eek:

And he is anything but tiny- my little baby is 17kgs :hug:

When I tell people to come meet my puppy they come, look at both the dogs and ask where is he :)