Anxiety Attack?

We have two dogs, one a pom and my dog, a jap spitz. The dogs have always been a little bad when it comes to barking, but it seems to have gotten worse. I am no longer working and so am home a lot more, but prior to that, I was still home pretty much all day except for about 2 hours in the morning. Anyhow, my neighbour let me know this afternoon that my jap spitz is barking, but its more the panting that she is displaying that is worrying the neighbour. She said it only happens when I leave, and she said its like she is having a panic attack. The spitz is 6 this year and the pom will be 5yrs. We had our first daughter arrive 2008 and number 2 arrives in about a month. The dogs have always been inside dogs and this didn't change when our daughter arrived and won't change when bub 2 arrives. The other thing worth mentioning is the constant licking that the jap spitz does. It was horrid when she first came to us after being rehomed, but it did settle. This does though still happen. She also will come up and rub her chest on my foot when I sit cross legged! Its like she doesn't ease up and needs my attention every minute of the day no matter what.

Sorry its a novel, but I love her dearly and we need to get this sorted out for the families sake and of course hers :happydance:

can you put her in her own space (crate or pen) when you go out with her food? This can limit the window behavior

you should call a behaviorist to see her if she's so clingy, it could be separation anxiety or it could be simply a dominating type behavior where the dog is anxious about the fact you left without their permission