Got An Old Film Camera You Don't Use?

Ripley

I subscribe to UK mag, Outdoor Photography and noticed this in it. Just thought I'd put it up here as you never know, someone might have a film camera lying around they don't need or use and wish to donate.

"Responsible Photography Holidays is collecting old film cameras that are in good working order for a photo project involving school children in a mountain village in Morocco.

Donations of camera film and batteries are also needed. Responsible Photography Holidays runs photography and walking holidays in the village, as a result, many of the children have become really interested in photography.

As the village does not yet have electricity, film cameras are, at the moment, the best option. Whilst the children will be given guidance throughout the project, to begin with Gail will encourage them to photograph their life and environment just as they see it. Eventually, the children will select favourite photographs for a book that will be published to raise money for the schools. Clients on the ‘Mountain Village Experience’ photography holiday will have an opportunity to help with the project. There will be updates here on the Responsible Photography Holidays website (and a dedicated blog coming soon). There are plans to organise a similar project with children in Rwanda later on in the year. "

website for more info:

http://www.responsiblephotographyholidays....otoproject.html

I'd like to do their Rwanda trip which includes the walk-in to see the gorillas. And it seems reasonable cost ex UK. But it's the little tour companies that tend to go broke and leave people stranded, maybe I'm not that courageous these days. The cameras concept is good, I've seen something similar work, but it usually comes unstuck because the repairs/processing side of it becomes too difficult.