Obedience / Training School / Classes

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in Melbournes outer east or Yarra Valley that doesn't train on Sunday mornings.

We often have either soccer or football on, on a Sunday or Saturday or both and we really need to attend more than one or two classes a month.

So I am looking for somewhere that has classes on a weekday night.

Any recommendations would be great.

:laugh:

Edited by SnoPaws

Thanks Jules

I have contacted K9 Komapany but they have closed while they look for a new home.

Interesting in knowing what you mean by pet dogs?

Both my dogs completedy puppy school at the local vet then we attended K9 Kompany and did the Ideal Dog Assesment. One isn't desexed due to me showing him.

Interesting in knowing what you mean by pet dogs?

K9 Kompany classes aren't really aimed at training your dog to a trialling level. It's more about just having fun teaching your dog new things and interacting with other dogs and people. I trained there for ages with Spence. We enjoyed the agility and tricks classes especially. They have lots of cool props they use for the tricks class.

And there aren't 'levels' or 'grades' either. There's basic obedience and then you can go on to do whatever class you want to do. And you just work at your individual dog's level. So there might be really experienced dogs/handlers and young dogs/novice owners in the same class.

Thanks Gila ;)

We are probably looking for something more structured.

We have done all the basics and having two SnowDogs, we really need to do more than the odd class here or there just for fun.

Any other ideas, I am quite happy to travel

• 2 weeks later...

there's ecdt (as already mentioned) or alpha in boronia. www.alphadogtraining.com.au I have rung both and will be taking my doggy to check them both out. alpha say they have wednesday night classes year round.

• 1 month later...
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in Melbournes outer east or Yarra Valley that doesn't train on Sunday mornings.

So I am looking for somewhere that has classes on a weekday night.

Any recommendations would be great.

:D

It's not a weekday night but it's not Sunday either, Berwick Obedience train on Saturday afternoon.

Hi SnoPaws!! :)

We train at Knox Obedience Club. Most training is done on a Sunday morning, tests to pass up levels etc are done on the last or second last sunday of the month (depending on the level your in) **BUT** in Summer (during daylight savings) they have Tuesday evening classes. Last summer (only had Hugo then) I only trained on the tuesday nights because it was run by my favourite instructor, and i preferred it to the early mornings! I only went to the Sunday classes on testing days (when i thought Hugo was in with a chance to pass) This year i plan to take Hugo on the tuesday and Fletcher on the sunday/or to a show if we have one.

Just another option :laugh: