Ndtf Distance Course

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to scan a copy of their NDTF certificate and statement of units of competency, so I can see what it looks like?

The reason I ask.. is that I was talking to a TAFE (Animal Science) teacher today.... I showed them a list of the NDTF units offered.. and they think that half of the subjects (the units that start with "VBN") are not nationally recognised.. maybe just recognised within VIC. The other units ("RUV..") are nationally recognised.. but I have already done them.

sure can, if i ever get it :laugh:

Been waiting a few weeks and nothing yet, my TAFE teacher also wants to see it, so she can work out what units i dont have to do for the animal studies coursei am siging up for.

Are you doing Animal Studies II? I just did a combined TAFE course of Animal Studies II and Companion Animals III.

The subjects that should have been done in the NDTF course which you prob would have covered are:

RUV2102A Follow OH&S Procedures in an Animal Care Environment

RUV2104A Provide Food and Water for Animals

RUV2105A Participate in Workplace Communications

RUV2107A Provide Basic First Aid for animals

The "Provide Food & Water" one at NDTF may have been an elective?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried researching on the internet tonight (VETAB website, NTIS website) but didnt really find anything that was in simple enough terms to know if the course is nationally recognised or not. The NTIS website said it is "Accredited in VIC". I dont know if they mean that's just where it was registered (because the NDTF office is in VIC) or if the course is only recognised there.

It's definitely a nationaly recognised qualification MM