Show Coats

theyre cracker photos :( such lovely little lions :rofl:

I hadnt seen him chewing/ licking I am assuming thats what it is and watch him closely now. I thought maybe he was chewing from the reg bathing? I just got a plush puppy shampoo (a conditioning one) to use instead of the fidos for reg washing. Hopefully it works.

And yeah hes a boy! likes to jump off the grooming table outside for a run. We walk when its when and muddy but home for a clean up.

Do you guys bathe them the night before or morning of a show?

Edited to add.....I am never gonna get him to stand like that!!

He shouldn't be chewing from regular bathing, unless he has some sort of allergy/reaction to what you are using.

One of mine doesn't like to stay clean for long, straight off the table from being blowdried and it's into the dirt. :laugh: After show baths she is strictly supervised. :o

If I have time, I prefer to bath the morning of the show - the dogs have a better finish. My mostly white boy takes ages to do so he is done the night before and if there is time his face is given a freshen up in the morning (I just wash and blowdry his muzzle coat). The girl I'm showing doesn't take very long at all, so if it's local or there are a tonne of dogs on before the breed then she gets bathed the morning of the show, otherwise it's the same bath the night before and facewash in the morning.

Don't expect babies to be perfect, it takes time, diligence and patience to get them to do everything right. You don't want to break their spirit or bore them too early. For baby class at least, shows should be fun fun fun.

So do you guys feed raw? I was wondering as at the moment toby has royal canin breakfast and lunch and chicken necks for dinner. Once a fortnight he gets a lamb bone with meat to chew....always followed by his bath. Is raw a no no with a white coated dog?

bec

I bath the day before unless there night shows.

I start late that evening so they can run all day.

Your baby will learn but you must be firm & kind & not allow bad habits to get worse.

Itching can be due to so many things,wrong shampoo/con,food/sprays/grass etc etc.

I dont feed raw diet.I feed commerical puls raw mutton/chicken necks.

My white dog runs an acre & gets very grubby but the key is maintenance.

White dogs need to havea life but as aresult you just need to put a tad more work in

So do you guys feed raw? I was wondering as at the moment toby has royal canin breakfast and lunch and chicken necks for dinner. Once a fortnight he gets a lamb bone with meat to chew....always followed by his bath. Is raw a no no with a white coated dog?

bec

I feed raw. After a bath and before a show they don't get big messy bones though - just smaller stuff that can be eaten withiut them wearing it all over them. Alternately I will feed them a bit earlier and bath after they have eaten. I only give a light meal the night before a show most times anyway. I am lucky in that Pyreneans are fairly 'wash and wear' but you still need to watch staining. Doesn't stop them getting a bit muddy sometimes though!

Before....

post-5072-1247786121_thumb.jpg