Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

We had another show last night.. does anyone ever come away feeling disappointed and a bit grumbly with the judge.

Boy I did last night - I know it's all part of the showring but it's hard not to feel like you weren't given a fair go!!

I was barely allowed to stack him properly before the judge came and rough handled him, the for group line-up I barely stepped into the ring and it was awarded.

Just made me go "Why did I bother?!" :rofl:

Oh well.. back tomorrow for another try - hopefully we'll get around the ring this time!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had another show last night.. does anyone ever come away feeling disappointed and a bit grumbly with the judge.

Boy I did last night - I know it's all part of the showring but it's hard not to feel like you weren't given a fair go!!

All the time - as I show a minority breed sometimes the judges haven't even SEEN one before. You just make a note not to enter under them again and move on.

At Spring Fair last weekend 3 out of 4 bitches were non-awarded, he didn't even give a reason just said 'no ribbon for you'.

Anyways I'm hot hot hot but the car is pack and Morgan looks semi-respectable so I should get changed and head off. Am glad this show is only 10 mins down the road.

yeah i walk away disapointed alot, more so with the pugs. alot of judges are either too scared to put a black up or just clearly judge on faces! I dont mind loosing and i know rebel has a few minor faults but when she goes down to fawns that have serious faults I get seriously pissed off!

Yeah thats what gets me - its not Morgie losing, its losing to a dog with obvious faults! And I know a lot of it is because the judges simply don't know Field standards to a high degree as they aren't seen that often.

BCC and RUBOB today, beaten again by the minor dog.

It was like that for us yesterday with Ruby - judge HARDLY looked when going over her, didn't even look at her in the group line up. It's rather annoying - it's like at least LOOK!

Anyone who gets the Dog News Diary for 2010 - Ruby is in there! :cheer: And brother Danny got the male spot.

Edited by Lyndsay

It was like that for us yesterday with Ruby - judge HARDLY looked when going over her, didn't even look at her in the group line up. It's rather annoying - it's like at least LOOK!

Oh I know what you mean. Morgie got non-awarded today for being "too young" again. I figured there was no point sticking around for the minor line up as he really liked the cocker so I just packed up and came home before it got too hot.

I was barely allowed to stack him properly before the judge came and rough handled him, the for group line-up I barely stepped into the ring and it was awarded.

Just made me go "Why did I bother?!" :D

Oh well.. back tomorrow for another try - hopefully we'll get around the ring this time!

I do this all the time and it's just become a part of our routine to be put last in the line up. BUT there is the odd occasion when you least expect it that a judge WILL put you up and when they do they usually really like your dog and you stand a good chance in Group class too :thumbsup:

NOW I have some news. I have a new puppy :thumbsup: Meet Kombinalong The Eagle is Super aka Matty. I have admired Matty since he made his debut at the Dalwood dog show 3mths ago and his breeder offered him to me last weekend at Spring Fair. My jaw hit the ground when she did because I have joked several times in the last 3mths that he would pinched and she shouldn't look at me to find him.

I went out and picked him up today and rushed home to fill in some entries AND I'm hoping to get late entries accepted for Morrisett for him. Either way he will be coming up even if just to socialize while Mary goes around.

I'm so in love and still keep waiting to wake up from this dream. :rofl:

Glad it's not just me being a bad sport then..

PooCow, will probably get to meet you next year at some point with my boy. We're moving to country NSW (home) from WA but will try and get up to Sydney every month or so just to look and get in with the 'bigger' competition.. Can't wait!!

Have already befriended Sugar the Wei's mama and are looking forward to meeting her as her girl and my boy are from the same breeder!!

I just had a shocker when I read this - I was reading through and saw "fingers crossed you get bob".... so I thought "wow, Steph must be looking at getting a male field now, although bob is a funny name...." :rofl: :D So I went trawling back through all the posts trying to find one where you mentioned looking for a new dog.... only when I didn't find one did I work out what Bec meant! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Go Ch. Morgie (almost)!

Deb :(

Fingers crossed you get bob (must go look up what a field in full coat looks like). Hope you feel better. And yep - golf - miss 6 plays both hubby and I dont lol

Bec

Golf eh!

Meant to be hot tomorrow, but we start at 4pm, so should cool off quickly. I'm still covered in hives and suffering from gastro, so over it.

Miss Morgan is on 66 points now. She will get another 6 tomorrow as its her and another male so she will at least get BCC.

Glad it's not just me being a bad sport then..

PooCow, will probably get to meet you next year at some point with my boy. We're moving to country NSW (home) from WA but will try and get up to Sydney every month or so just to look and get in with the 'bigger' competition.. Can't wait!!

Have already befriended Sugar the Wei's mama and are looking forward to meeting her as her girl and my boy are from the same breeder!!

Freckles and I like going to support the country shows too so you will probably see us around. I actually prefer the atmosphere to the country shows, we make a weekend of it :thumbsup:

Thanks Deb :thumbsup: Shes on 72 points now. Would love to have her to the 100 before shes out of minor just as an achievement even though she will need the 25 after 12 months.

how was Sugar today PC? I felt bad for her mum yesterday and hope she got over what ever it was that had her on edge.

I'm sure Morgie and Matty will quickly become best buds. Mary will be there too though for Morgie to roll and nom on so it's all good

I just had a shocker when I read this - I was reading through and saw "fingers crossed you get bob".... so I thought "wow, Steph must be looking at getting a male field now, although bob is a funny name...." :rofl: :D So I went trawling back through all the posts trying to find one where you mentioned looking for a new dog.... only when I didn't find one did I work out what Bec meant! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LOL... that sounds like something I would do :(

Quick question.. I can't find my magazine... can you usually find all the info you need to enter on the web or do I desperately need to find it again?

Ive got to enter Lola soon if we want to show on 2 Jan :thumbsup:

Odds are you will need your gazette if you need to know what shows are on, cost of entries etc. A lot of Sydney shows go on Ozentries but there are only 2 VIC shows on there and they are Afghan ones.

how was Sugar today PC? I felt bad for her mum yesterday and hope she got over what ever it was that had her on edge.

I'm sure Morgie and Matty will quickly become best buds. Mary will be there too though for Morgie to roll and nom on so it's all good

She was fine in sweepies, her mum thinks it was just too hot yesterday.

Yay Morgie loves to nom! Her and Mary are best buds!

Quick question.. I can't find my magazine... can you usually find all the info you need to enter on the web or do I desperately need to find it again?

Ive got to enter Lola soon if we want to show on 2 Jan :thumbsup:

or does DogsVIC have a members section where you can view the show gazette online? I rely on the members link in DogsNSW due to the fact I have trouble getting my gazette delivered on time or at all.

LOL... that sounds like something I would do :(

Lou,

Whilst the DogsVic is useless in all other regards (we have not had a working members section in forever) all of our gazettes are online for public viewing the show schedule part that is.

\

Along the top bar go to Activities and events drop down box - show trials and schedules and you will see each month listed.