Supplier Of Lamb / Pork / Roo Mince In Brisbane

Hi All

My female frenchie has to have a diet change, as we (her vet and I) believe that she is reacting to carbs and yeast in her food. She is getting regular yeast infections in her ears and her nose folds are red and loosing hair.

The local pet supply places sell roo mince and lamb pieces, but no offal and no bone content in the meat. I can't feed bones on a regular basis as my other dog has CRF and isn't allowed bones, which makes feeding bones very tricky (he has aggression issues).

Roo mince isn't cutting it for her, as she is an extremely active and I'm finding it difficult to keep weight on her. Also can't use chicken / beef as it makes her itchy and she chews her feet.

I need some help from any raw feeders in Brisbane that can point me in the direction of a good meat supplier... I'm looking for the following:

• Sells lamb, pork & roo mince (prefer with ground bone content)
  • Doesn't sell everything combined with chicken & beef
  • Sells offal from something other than a cow - unless someone can confirm that it won't bother her like beef mince does

I'm on the southside, but don't care if I have to travel to buy food for her.

Thanks heaps

I agree that a chat to your local butcher or a visit to a supermarket will help.

I don't buy any of my dogs' meat or bones in pet stores. I feed human grade only. You can buy lamb kidneys, chicken giblets and all kinds of RMBs in a supermarket. Lamb necks, flaps, pork ribs, chicken frames, drummies and wings and turkey wings are all in my local Woolies although I get all my chicken from Lennards or the chicken processing place.

My Woolies also has pork, lamb, chicken and turkey mince.

Edited by poodlefan

Thanks guys, I hadn't discovered Canine Country... think I'll be making a trip in the next few days.

I've just finished the next couple of weeks worth of food making, so I'll visit them and do another batch during the week.

Are you able to feed Dr.B's BARF?

I doubt that it would have any yeast in it and you can get it in Lamb or Beef or Chicken or Rabbit or Kangaroo or Combined Meats varieties.

It has a list of ingredients on the side of the box.

Might be worth a look!

Are you able to feed Dr.B's BARF?

I doubt that it would have any yeast in it and you can get it in Lamb or Beef or Chicken or Rabbit or Kangaroo or Combined Meats varieties.

It has a list of ingredients on the side of the box.

Might be worth a look!

I have tried them. She was eating them at the time of her most recent reaction. So I've moved towards making my own... plus without using biscuits I'd go thru one of the 12 patty boxes in 3 days.