Nikon Users

tlc

Hi Guys, I just bought a new 8gb mem card it is a lexar, I got it from HN. heres the thing, as soon as I go to download what is on the card, the very first photo it says there is a problem and try again so i press try again and they all down load no worries, I have never had this happen with any other card before ever. Could it be faulty.

Also I have been shooting in raw latley but for the challenges I have just gone back to jpegs and I noticed tonight when I have it on jpegs in the number area where it tells you how many pics you have left all it says is 1.0 with a little k above it. I thought it may have meant 1000 but when i take the pictures the number doesn't reduce at all, so if it was 1000 after I took say 5 pics it shoudl say 995??? Im at a loss and ive been through my books trouble shooting and cant find any explanation. Just thought some of you may have come across this before, any help greatly appreciated.

The camera is a Nikon D80

• 2 weeks later...
The camera is a Nikon D80

I have a D80 too.... so here is my advice.

Format the card within the D80 so that it sets it up to write to it properly. You can then connect the D80 up to the computer using the USB cable and it should see the camera and access the folders beneath it.

The 1.0K means you have over 1000 photos available to you, but less than 1100 photos (otherwise it would show 1.1K) :) This value won't change until you are down to 999 photos left, then you'll see it change each time you take a photo ;)

Unless you plan on doing that many photos in a session, it is best for PP to keep to RAW format for better IQ.

As a note, MSY are the best for the HDSC cards and Kingston brands are the best to stick to :rofl:

Enjoy your larger memory stick, and all those photos you can now take!

Thanks so much for replying. I did finally figure out that the 1.0 was over 1000 pics in jpeg format. I have been shooting in raw all the time now as I have lightroom and it automatically convets the pics which is great.

Have you posted any photos Id love to see some shots form your D80

• 1 month later...