Camera Stuck On Setting On M Mode

Ripley

My Canon 30D seems to be stuck on one aperture on the M setting. When I was trying a manual exposure, I found I can adjust the shutter speed, but not the aperture. This camera was bought brand new a year ago from B&H. Any suggestions on how I can clear it? Or do you think it's stuffed, which would be just my luck after dropping and breaking my 70-200 L lens 2 months back (Received a cheque in USD for a replacement one for that though as it had a brilliant warranty which was bought with it).

Edited by Ripley

Two things

1 - make sure the little ON lever is flipped all the way up. If it's in the middle on some models you cannot change aperture.

2 - if that isn't it, does it do it on all of the lenses? Sometimes a lens won't mount properly and this can cause the problem.

Let us know...

Thanks for the help, guys. I tried all that, it wasn't the on button or the lens. I've noticed it's been like that for a while but when I really wanted to put it on M it wouldn't shift. Tonight I cleared all camera settings but this time cleared all custom settings too. That has fixed the problem.

Glad you found a solution :worship:

That was my next suggestion - when in doubt, pull all the power and start over :love: :p :champagne: It's my mantra with computers and all things electric hehehee

Edited by kja