July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

It took alot of convincing but I managed to get one of my older boys to pose for three photos for me. They were all 12 second exposures but he didn't realised he couldn't move so the first one was a write off.

The second he was still but I wasn't overly happy with the lighting

The third has great lighting but he has a bit of movement and is too soft.

I couldn't convince him to go for a fourth photos :love: He was patient enough for a 10 year old. Will post the result soon.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tonight it's meh..I think I will drive to a cemetery for some shots..

So far tonight:

Imagehhh8.jpg

Imagebbbb6.jpg

Image3star.jpg

Image2nnn.jpg

Image4bree.jpg

Image7ggg.jpg

Image1vvv.jpg

Image11lll.jpg

Can't use glow stick tonight for some specific shots I had in mind 1 of my kids cracked it without me knowing :love:

I have the permission of the involves subjects to put those pics on the net :p

Edited by Roxy_n_Axle

The one of your girl sleeping is great DA - I'm not game enough to try anything that I can't control. At least with my friends, I can say to them "I'm about to shine the torch on your face, stay very very still" - with Zero I'd just wake him up! I love the second shot in your natural light photos too. That needs to become a loldog!

DA, great job I also like the sleepy one!!

Shell, I thought Id try to have a go with the cat tonight, I had everything in position and all ready to go and as soon as I turned the lgiht off he took off, so much for that idea. I like your shot tonight better than the one with the light trails in it. your shots are awesome!!

Looking forward to seeing your Ash!!

R & A, love the mask shot especially the first one, where only half the face is lit up. and the fairy on the flowers is great.

DD love your star fish, is that what it is?? How did you get the blue effect??

I think someone used a teddy bear earlier on, which inspired my ideas for tonight about to go look at them now.

This is the shot that I cleaned up slightly. I have taken out some lines from the light and ever so slightly burnt in down the left of the image to even up with the right side.

3687006834_0a9d1644a5.jpg

Then this is a worked version with a texture added over the top.

3686202299_14cef3bc45.jpg

I'm happy with this result. Sitting completely still for 12 seconds isn't an easy feat for a 10 year old! :love:

This is the shot that I cleaned up slightly. I have taken out some lines from the light and ever so slightly burnt in down the left of the image to even up with the right side.

3687006834_0a9d1644a5.jpg

Then this is a worked version with a texture added over the top.

3686202299_14cef3bc45.jpg

I'm happy with this result. Sitting completely still for 12 seconds isn't an easy feat for a 10 year old! :champagne:

:love: totallly awesome shot, wish I had your talent, I dont wanna post my pics now.... :p

I'm totally blown away by the talent on here - we're not bad for dog people are we :love:

IMG_1075.jpg

I agree!!

I like the perspective of this shot well done!!

thanks - it's called "perspective from the piled up beer mats on the coffee table"

I really do need to look for my tripod, but even if I find it, not sure if it will fit - from a 30 yo 35mm film camera

Just for fun...

Imagelory1.jpg

DSCF4908.jpg

My attempted to my signature which I liked & tried to make a dog but hubby reckon it looks like a horse...I'm not going to show my first try at making a dog! It was rude! :laugh::o

Edited by Roxy_n_Axle

R & A, love the light painting siggy, I like the bit of reflection glare down the bottom of the first letter, what did you use for a light?

Think you better post your first doggy attempt, let us be the judge!!

R & A, love the light painting siggy, I like the bit of reflection glare down the bottom of the first letter, what did you use for a light?

Think you better post your first doggy attempt, let us be the judge!!

Just my torch that I have put in a pastry pipping bag with the nuzzle at the end.

Here are my latest pics,

Not sure that they are improving but I am having lots of fun and learning heaps about my camera.

Dexter the cat.

025.jpg

The two sides of the child

043.jpg

The frogs on water

048.jpg

Picasso the happy frog

049-1.jpg

A different view of the world

047-1.jpg

The eye of the storm oops I mean child

034.jpg