Tracking

Hi all,

I did a net search for tracking and came across this forum. There doesn't seem to be much discussion about tracking despite the season being in full swing. Is anyone participating in tracking trials? It would be great as a newy to the sport to read about others' experiences.

I've been training alone and basically learning from internet articles and books. Does anyone know of any training groups in N/E Victoria

Cheers. :provoke:

Hi diankel!

I train for tracking but am too wussy to do it in winter so I'm not doing anything at the moment. I have a 2 year old female BC who's got her TD2 and her brother who's got his TD1 and has found 2 very novel ways to fail his TD2 so far. :thumbsup:

Can't help with clubs in Victoria though.

Hi all,

I did a net search for tracking and came across this forum. There doesn't seem to be much discussion about tracking despite the season being in full swing. Is anyone participating in tracking trials? It would be great as a newy to the sport to read about others' experiences.

I've been training alone and basically learning from internet articles and books. Does anyone know of any training groups in N/E Victoria

Cheers. :)

Hi

I don't know much about tracking in Vic - but check out http://www.trackingclubvic.org.au/.

I have just attained my Tracking Champion with my first girl, Ember and we have started training TSD - the new levels that came in this year. Ember unforunately failed her first attempt at TSD1 - but not on the unknown terrain - no on grass where a herd of cattle just went passed and she followed them!

I am also training my two younger girls who are 12 months. Gemma has her TD2 and is going for her TD3 in 2 weeks, and Keira unfortunately failed her TD2 at the last trial, so we are doing her TD2 again.

It's a great sport so enjoy it. It's fantastic to see your dog do what it is capable of and we have to trust them.

Liz