Canine Cognition

After noticing a new release by Pamela Reid, could not help myself and ordered her new DVD on Canine Cognition.

Read her book Excelerated learning many times and should have puchased the books in bulk as I have given many to dogs friends. Wonder if the DVD will hold up with frequent viewing?.

Anyone with good links to Canine Cognition?

Guest Willow

Pamela Reid is giving a lecture on Canine Cognition at the APDT Conference in Sydney (1st weekend in October) this year!!!!

Pamela Reid is giving a lecture on Canine Cognition at the APDT Conference in Sydney (1st weekend in October) this year!!!!

Great. Been known to pick up US APDT DVD's past conferences. Some speakers are great and thought provoking. I personally like her book, thus buying her latest DVD.

The DVD arrived today. The DVD was taped live at the 2009 IACP Annual Conference.It included videos from the 4 cognitive research clinics. 3 being in Europe. 1 in the US.

Interesting. Reviewed Rico the wonder dog - who knows 200 words and understands verbs.

Must watch it again of course, but the pointing understanding from humans certainly had my attention. Primates have poor understanding of such, but they confirmed canines have the ability. Cueing from our arms, head and to a lesser extent our eyes.

In my case retriever training consists of drills to test casting, initially lefts, rights and backs moving to finer angles later. Often the dog errs in the teaching phase. . After watching the DVD, I cannot help wondering if I had inadvertantly being cueing with my head direction (while choosing which direction), to the article. Looking right, but deciding left.

Interesting.