Vet Medication Charges

Now ...... to convince the bank execs they make so much money that it is obscene. :thumbsup:

Good luck. I tried telling my bank manager and she laughed at me :clap: Thankgod i still have an account. :clap:

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two jobs, a lecturer at a tertiary institution and a company director. Why is this important?

Wow. And you baulk at vet fees to keep your animals alive? bravo.

Here's a stupid question - if you have friends who are vets - why dont you just ask them what their markup is and to justify it???

Hi Raz,

If poodle3081 has friends that are vets - problem solved. :thumbsup:

She can get medication at cost price.

I do get my medication cheap. How do think I know the mark up?

I have two jobs, a lecturer at a tertiary institution and a company director. Why is this important?

Here's a stupid question - if you have friends who are vets - why dont you just ask them what their markup is and to justify it???

Hi Raz,

If poodle3081 has friends that are vets - problem solved. :thumbsup:

Then share your cheap meds with your friends then and problem is solved.

Oh good thinking, puggy. Cost price pharmaceuticals for everyone on dogzonline. hey I have friends who are bodybuilders - they'd like cost price veterinary pharmaceuticals as well :thumbsup:

:scold::rofl::rofl: Nice hijack, Erny. I totally agree.

:clap: ..... and if the banks brought their fees down, more of us would find the Vet fees (amongst the other countless bills in our lives) more easily affordable!!

Problem solv-ed !! :thumbsup:

Now ...... to convince the bank execs they make so much money that it is obscene. :clap:

Good one Erny. First we need to get the debate started and we remember it won't be easy because we will have resistance from the bank employees, their families and the share holders. Then we will be told that bank executives are highly qualified and if we pay peanuts we will get monkeys. And I forgot if we want to shop around we could go down the road to the Bendigo Bank where the fees are cheaper, but if we want a loan then being a loyal customer will hold a us in good stead. Sound familiar.

Oh good thinking, puggy. Cost price pharmaceuticals for everyone on dogzonline. hey I have friends who are bodybuilders - they'd like cost price veterinary pharmaceuticals as well :thumbsup:

Love to do it but it would put your mates out of business

Yes I am a very good thinker. :clap::clap:

They dont buy their animal anabolics from vets - they buy them from russian mobsters. You'd be doing them a favour if you put them out of business :clap:

Hi Raz,

If poodle3081 has friends that are vets - problem solved. :scold:

Then I don't understand why are you complaining, when the rest of us are paying full price? :thumbsup::clap::clap:

Oh come on poodle isn't this what this thread is all about? You stated before that we should be able to shop around for the cheapest meds and it's not fair that we are not able. You obviously have a cheap source of vet meds which you are not sharing the source of to the general public. Aren't you contradicting yourself a little by doing this?

Out of interest does your vet friend offer every client of theirs meds at cheap prices or only some?

Out of interest does your vet friend offer every client of theirs meds at cheap prices or only some?

Yeah do they have cheap brown-tiger AV? I may need it next snake breeding season. I'll pay cash for mates rates.

Oh yeah I need cheap GA for next time I go to the sleep dentist. His costs a thousand bucks. Worth every cent but it would be nice to save a penny

Edited by raz

Oh come on poodle isn't this what this thread is all about? You stated before that we should be able to shop around for the cheapest meds and it's not fair that we are not able. You obviously have a cheap source of vet meds which you are not sharing the source of to the general public. Aren't you contradicting yourself a little by doing this?

I am getting tired of repeating myself but here I go again. I was motivated to start this post by a friend who had her dog to her local vet for a sore eye. It was her reaction and that of others in the group. They were unaware of the level of the mark up on Vet drugs. The general feeling was that they expected a on cost to cover handling etc but not to the level charged.

Yeah do they have cheap brown-tiger AV? I may need it next snake breeding season. I'll pay cash for mates rates.

Oh yeah I need cheap GA for next time I go to the sleep dentist. His costs a thousand bucks. Worth every cent but it would be nice to save a penny

:thumbsup::clap::clap:

Stop it or I will pee my pants.

I could do with some valium for next time I go to the dentist too.

"Sleep dentist" Raz?? Sounds too good to be true!! :thumbsup:

ooooooh, can I have some brown-tiger AV, too?

I am getting tired of repeating myself but here I go again. I was motivated to start this post by a friend who had her dog to her local vet for a sore eye. It was her reaction and that of others in the group. They were unaware of the level of the mark up on Vet drugs. The general feeling was that they expected a on cost to cover handling etc but not to the level charged.

Well then she learnt something about how much vets need to mark up their drugs to run a successful buisness. Just as any other buisness needs to mark up their products to stay viable.

You mentioned that this person was a victim of the bushfires. I am sure that if they had told the vet of thier circumstances the vet would have bent over backwards to help them out with cutting costs.

Vets are not as bad as you are trying to make them out to be.

Edited by puggy_puggy

:clap::clap::scold:

Stop it or I will pee my pants.

Not funny, puggy :thumbsup: If I knew a friendly vet who could supply me with cheap nasty special K from Russia I could have performed the root canal myself and be ahead to the tune of 4 grand.