Bach Rescue Remedy

Mmm, may be just the thing, I gave some to Hef this morning and he is such a relaxed, mellow boy now. Might be exactly what he needs :) Anyone else use it? :provoke:

I have, I had a bitch a couple of years ago that was stressed to the max with a litter of puppies, she was a terrible mother, stood all over the puppies, lay on them, we could not leave her for a minute with the babies, had to keep her away from the litter and just let her in to feed them (after we made sure she did not lie on the puppies) it was a nightmare....we gave her rescue remedy and it was like majic she was relaxed and acted like a normal mum....it was the most amazing thing....all the while we kept giving it to her she was fine, if we didn't she got this frightened look in her eyes and she would go back to like she was before the rr.....it has my vote....

Edited by mikelli

Yup, its used for humans, dog and cat in this household ..... I also use other remedies from the Bach kit and some of the Bush Flower ones as well - with great results in many cases....

lol, fionac, after doing a search, I am just looking into the Ausflower remedys too. I had the BACH stuff that I bought for my 7 year old (didnt do much for him lol) and had an idea of using it for Hef about 10pm at night! lol went and got it out of the medicine cupboard too last night so Id remember.

I will get some of the aus essense today as well and try that as I remeber my chemist sells it :provoke:

Im sooo pleased! Lovely stories guys!! Glad its helped you too :)

I find a homeopathy stress relief works better for us.

Rescue Remedy and other drops like homeopathy is only for mild aniexty, so anything above that it's likely you need to seek medical intervention.

Edited by sas

If you dont mind me asking were do you get the RR have heard of it but only from ppl in england and didnt know we had it here.

Health food shops /chemist or pet supply shop ,(the human kind is ok for annimals also )

Half my house is on it :)

My Bowen therapist started my very sick foster kittens on it....and then when one of the fosters looked like staying I started both my cats on it (2 drops in their food at night)......oh, plus I'm on it too (2 drops under the tongue morning and night) :rolleyes: I always take it the night before and morning of an obedience trial. She also uses the Ausflower essences as part of her treatment - I have a concoction in the cupboard when I was recovering from a migraine. I'm a terrible sceptic but think this stuff is pretty good.

Rescue Remedy has worked wonders on our pup that was having violent nightmares... on our older boy that used to suffer separation anxiety, it did nuffink.

Can't hurt to try though!

If you dont mind me asking were do you get the RR have heard of it but only from ppl in england and didnt know we had it here.

Health food shops /chemist or pet supply shop ,(the human kind is ok for annimals also )

Thanks will be on the look out for it cant hirt to give it a try :laugh:

You can buy the Rescue Remedy (which is a combination of 5 Bach Flower essences) in lots of places - Health Food Stores, Chemists, Herbalists and even the supermarket sometimes .... the Bush Flower Essences (which also has a similar mixed product like the Rescue Remedy) is usually only from Health Food stores ... the larger kits are usually purchased through suppliers though rather than stores.....

Bach Flowers have 38 individual remedies in their kit all for different treatments, Australian Bush Flower Essences have 68 individuals and I think 3-4 combination ones available....

The master kits can be expensive but brilliant if you use them in your practice (like I do) and sometimes Bush Flowers will work better for one person and Bach's for another ... but for general stuff the RR seems to cover most stuff for dogs and cats

The Bach kits come in a beautiful leather wallet

LeatherCase-Open.jpg - sooo pretty

Edited by FionaC