Problems With My Shih-tzu

Set In Stone

*sigh* why breed from something with problems?

I'm not posting in here again, you're not planning on breeding to improve you just want a pup for yourself as a pet...what's wrong with purchasing a pup rather than breeding potential problems :rofl:

Edited by Aziah

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are a backyard breeder - unless you plan to register her with the ANKC, have a breeders prefix and register your own kennel you are a backyard breeder. Fact of life. Just because you have a dog with papers does not make you eithical in any way shape or form. Your dog may be a carrier of genetic problems, have her own genetic problems or not be a good breeding specimen but hey, you're a backyard breeder all you care about is the cuteness factor.

Anyone that skirts around why they dont want to desex I know will breed or at least has the idea in their head - see its called experience and knowledge.

Somehow I think now you're telling little furfies to cover ... one minute she was a puppy farmer and you knew you shouldnt have bought her and now suddenly she's a registered breeder who sent you papers .... I can drive a truck through the holes in your stories. Doesnt make a difference its still all backyard breeding.

So are you saying my Vet that has Worked there 22 years is a complete fool? i would like to see what 'degree' you have and true advise to others etc

yup completely. I have worked in the dog training and veterinary industry for quite a few years I'm also a qualified biochemist and geneticist. I know what they do for their 'veterinary' degree and many many vets do not consider diet as an allergy causing agent. He probably also thinks its a great idea to breed her does he want a pup too or does he own the prospective father?

My Vet doesn't have the Father or want a pup from her Thanks.. that is a huge insult.. like i said i don't know yet if i will breed her but have thought about it! but that on hand i don't want to hurt her at all :rofl: and i may just buy another puppy i don't know yet have thought it out seriously yet cause that is off for at least 2 years so why worry yet? and why de sex her if i do choose 2 years on to mate her? i can't un de sex her can i?

Edited by TinkerBell2009a

And if i plan to in the Future breed her i might register to be come a breeder as well but that is a future thing.
Also i am registered with the CCCQ

What do you mean by being registered with the CCCQ? You have to be registered with the CCCQ as a breeder which you said above you haven't done yet.

And if i plan to in the Future breed her i might register to be come a breeder as well but that is a future thing.
Also i am registered with the CCCQ

What do you mean by being registered with the CCCQ? You have to be registered with the CCCQ as a breeder which you said above you haven't done yet.

i said i am a member of the CCCQ not a Registered Breeder that is what i said and i have thought about showing her and meeting some ethical breeders there! but have been told i need to apply for a prefex if i plan to breed

That is a good Idea! that way i don't have to hurt her either thank you

let someone else do the work, and the cleaning :laugh:

Yes that is a good idea :rofl: plus i don't want her hurt! but this properly won't happen for 2 years so far so its far off my mind as far as that is concerned just don't want to de sex her just yet!

I'm not posting in here again, you're not planning on breeding to improve you just want a pup for yourself as a pet...what's wrong with purchasing a pup rather than breeding potential problems :rofl:

Who says she has all problems? but i plan on buying a puppy i think :laugh: save me all the hassles :)

Who says she has all problems? but i plan on buying a puppy i think :laugh: save me all the hassles :)

Hi Tinkerbell - From what you have said about just wanting another puppy, I think that's the smartest decision. I know you are very attached to your dog (baby! :clap: ), and things can - and do- go wrong in pregnancy and in whelping. Its a calculated risk that breeders take, hoping for the best and planning for the worst - but at the end of the day, you must also be prepared for the unthinkable to happen, and lose the entire litter and bitch too. No one thinks it will happen to them, but it does, esp if there are complications during the whelping (eg dead pup stuck inside, infections etc).

good luck with looking for a puppy - its always lots of fun! - talk to lots of breeders before you decide (& you know what questions to ask!!)

Who says she has all problems? but i plan on buying a puppy i think :) save me all the hassles :clap:

:laugh: I didn't say she has ALL the problems?

In your OP you said:

the issues i am having with her since she was little and no one can work out is

she has itchy bum and skin etc and we bought this special shampoo from the vet and it still hasn't stopped her she has done this from about 4 months and she scratches so much she matters her hair and froths from the mouth and makes her hair all wet and sloppy and i have talked to several vets and they have explained that it is not her food or any anal problems they suggested it could be airborne but i don't get it if it was why would it only affect her from when she was 4 months old?

That's enough of a turn off surely, could be something she passes on to her progeny!

Good idea to purchase a puppy...smarter option.

I'm not posting in here again, you're not planning on breeding to improve you just want a pup for yourself as a pet...what's wrong with purchasing a pup rather than breeding potential problems :D

Who says she has all problems? but i plan on buying a puppy i think :) save me all the hassles :confused:

Hi Tinkerbell - From what you have said about just wanting another puppy, I think that's the smartest decision. I know you are very attached to your dog (baby! :( ), and things can - and do- go wrong in pregnancy and in whelping. Its a calculated risk that breeders take, hoping for the best and planning for the worst - but at the end of the day, you must also be prepared for the unthinkable to happen, and lose the entire litter and bitch too. No one thinks it will happen to them, but it does, esp if there are complications during the whelping (eg dead pup stuck inside, infections etc).

good luck with looking for a puppy - its always lots of fun! - talk to lots of breeders before you decide (& you know what questions to ask!!)

Thanks for all messages and advise to every one. i have been thinking about this today and have decided to put my name down on a waiting list and ask lots of questions about their breeding program and lines and if there are any faults or issues etc and talk a lot with the breeder and get them to help me learn a lot before i purchase another puppy and make sure there is no heritable problems or skin problems etc

so thanks for all the help :)