Frontline Flea Treatment

Gday =)

I have just bought a frontline flea treatment for dogs up to 11kg or for puppies 8 weeks old.

My puppy will be 7 weeks next week but she is already 6 kg. Is it okay to use it on her?

is is actually necessary to do that? Maybe im just a bit paranoid. She used to play in my backyard (mostly grass and some black sand, soil).

She also likes to play with sand (and i know flea comes from the sand!)

I really hate fleas!!

Thanks for your advice guys.

Did you breed your puppy? She is very young.

Unless you see fleas I would not worry about using it. And personally, I find Frontline does not work, better to use Advantage.

My puppy will be 7 weeks next week but she is already 6 kg. Is it okay to use it on her?

Aren't you going to treat both pups?

I would also suggest ADVANTAGE , if you must use something- although unless you have seen a flea r fleas- you may not need to use anything yet.

and yes- your pup is very young! :laugh: How old is the other?

Ah. You've answered my question in your other thread about whether your breeder knows their stuff. :laugh:

Did you decide to get just one pup? At least that will be a helluva lot easier. Even experienced dog people mostly steer clear of two at a time, unless they have a very good reason that goes well beyond "they're cute".

Have a browse through the nutrition and grooming sub-forums, and see what you can give your pup that's natural. Two of your best friends in the fridge will be aloe vera juice and apple cider vinegar, the former for overall immune system health and the latter for a gazillion things, such as a flea deterrent.

yeah my parents finally took her.. =(

should learn from my mistake not to have two puppies at the same time..

i didnt know that puppy has to be at least 8 weeks to be rehome....

i guess the breeder was not really responsible..

the so-called backyard breeder =(

Did the back yard "breeder" (I have another word for them which cannot be written here) microchip the puppies?

If you are in NSW, and the "breeder" didn't, then the law has been broken and you can report them to the authorities.

no..

hes not microchipped.. and i don think she cares..

im not in NSW =(

yeah my parents finally took her.. =(

should learn from my mistake not to have two puppies at the same time..

Is this the second time you've got two pups together?

i didnt know that puppy has to be at least 8 weeks to be rehome....

i guess the breeder was not really responsible..

the so-called backyard breeder =(

Hmmm, so you knew they were backyard breeders, and got the pups anyway. Sigh. How old are the pups now - 6, 7, 8 or 9 weeks old?