Deleted

I just had the very same problem with Feather about a month ago. Yes, too much bone for her little body even though they regularly get them. The vet x rayed her and we could see that thankfully in her case it was just some very hard poo, not an actual bone fragment. He sent me home with Lectade and instructions to give her 30mls an hour until I go to bed. I did as instructed but I am a light sleeper so every time I woke she got another 30mls. By morning I'd got almost 500mls into her, she's just a little thing so thats a fair bit. Interestingly with all that fluid she didn't go out for a wee once, it worked just enough to give her cementy poos enough moisture to allow her to pass them.

dont take offence at mr red. There are nasty people on this forum but that poster certainly isn't one of them. I am certain she didn't mean to have a go at you.

Edited by Kirislin

no idea what actually happened, but i can guess. Dont run from :p :cry: :p I dont see anything wrong with that post and think it is a bit weird that you are upset by it?

As for diet change, i work in a kennel, we feed a set diet (unless owners bring their own food it, and that is very very rare) out of the 18 months i have been there, dogs on sudden diet changes, i can tell you of TWO dogs that had a bad reaction to the change over. For the amount of dogs we see there, 2 dogs is nothing. Both owners now bring their own food in and dogs are fine. I also change all my pets diets around all the time, never had a problem.

I have also fed my boy too many bones :thumbsup: ... he was blocked but thankfully a tin of pal was enough to clean him out.

I thought I would give him an hour and if it didn't work he was off to the vet. That stuff is revolting but it has its place for a good clean out :rofl: