Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

CruisaGal

Hi I would like to get a ckcs at the end of july and am having no luck finding one!! especially not in wa...

I really want to go through a registered breeder but just having no luck!

Anyone have any ideas??

We want a blenhiem girl...well thats what my daughter picked...I wanted a tri colour lol, but the puppy will be "her dog" so I have let her pick. and she wants a girl..dont think it matters because it will be desexed anyway lol but shes going through this girly stage atm lol

ANYWAY! Anyone know if there are any around??

Also any extra info on them would be great, I have been googling alot but personal experiences would be great too!

My daughter is only 4, yes too young to care for a dog, but i will be doing it too lol, just want her to start appreciating "money" spent on food..and "companionship" and having to care for a small dog would be great! I am a born HUGE dog person but have met a few cavs and they would have to be the most gorgeous small dog i have ever seen! and very loyal and not the yappy type....??

Looking forward to your replies...sorry for the ramble!

Hi and welcome to DOl, CruisaGal ! :eek:

I would write heaps more, but I have a really bad head cold atm, and I'm not really too focused atm :laugh:

You can also post in the Cavalier Breed sub forum, and ask in there also. They will be more than helpful with any questions you have on Cavs ! :laugh:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...&start=6135

I have two, and they are fantastic little dogs!

Goodluck! See you around the forums :D

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

Thanks a heap! I did look on the breeders listings on here but there are none in WA thought there may have been something I didnt know about lol

Don't feel restricted simply because there are only a few in your state, we have bought a puppy from interstate before, it's quite a common thing to do :wave: Many reputable, registered breeders are happy to send their pups interstate if the home is a good one.

I know, I would just have rathered find one in WA...dont thinks its going to happen so will be looking interstate now.

I know the costs of freighting animals from interstate isnt that high, just would have prefered to view before buying.

There are only a handful of breeders in WA that breed/show & heart test but there are stacks of BYB.

Elzmere -Van Den Elzen

Trescaval - J Logan

Atarka - D Hicks

There could be some others but these ones do health test

Dont be in a rush to just buy the first one & ask lots of questions especially about health testing

There are only a handful of breeders in WA that breed/show & heart test but there are stacks of BYB.

Elzmere -Van Den Elzen

Trescaval - J Logan

Atarka - D Hicks

There could be some others but these ones do health test

Dont be in a rush to just buy the first one & ask lots of questions especially about health testing

Great advice ! :thumbsup: