Innova Evo

Im so glad I came on here, I havent been here for ages but was fighting the demons inside to go against all of my beliefs and try Monty on EVO... I desperately DO NOT want to support PP. I have called Natura in the US and are trying to see if there is any way that another company can import the EVO, I am wondering if anyone else wants to call them and plead with them about the PP dilema. Anyway after reading this thread I am looking at Artemis Maximal.

EVO vs Maximal any comments???

Food wise I mean not the PP issues. I know all about the PP and have always sworn I would not support them in anyway. I am trying my hardest to make it known to Natura that the wider dog community of Australia refuse to support puppy farms and the PP company. Just wondering if there are more people out there telling them the same story if they will actually look at giving it to another supplier because surely they are not interested in supporting PP.

I use Pets Direct, I think thats what they call themselves. It may be a franchise of PP but who ever has it does not sell cats and dogs. Why not support them in purchasing dog food etc., It may just get the message through to PP that people will not purchase off them when they sell pets under the PP banner. The minute they start sell cats and dogs tell them why and then go elsewhere.

PP are notoriously expensive in everything they sell.

I was hoping someone else sold it too but I haven't found anyone.

I would buy Artemis but it seems not to be sold in our area.

PP are notoriously expensive in everything they sell.

I was hoping someone else sold it too but I haven't found anyone.

I would buy Artemis but it seems not to be sold in our area.

Stitch, I buy Artemis from here:

http://www.pookinuk.com.au/dog-special.asp

Delivery to Brissy is only $5 and they are great to deal with. I'd much rather feed Artemis than buy EVO and support PP.

Edited by huski

I think it would be wonderful if Natura would see how well their products would go if sold through a general wholesaler to the entire industry - not only because so many will not support pp and their subsidiaries such as pgd, but because it would be more widely available.

However, the response I received when we enquired about stocking their products was that they have a long term, satisfactory relationship with pp etc. That "relationship" is worth a lot of money to them, so it might take quite a lot to change their perspective.

As far as comparing Evo and Maximal - Evo is more similar in make up to Orijen, in my opinion. Maximal stands alone in all the foods I've used over the years, as in, it is not directly comparable to anything. As a high meat content, no grain, well balanced food, it appears to keep condition on a dog nicely, fill them well, provide plenty of energy and be generally well accepted. As always, it eventually comes down to what your own dog does best on.

Sags

:laugh:

Edited by Sagittarian

I think it would be wonderful if Natura would see how well their products would go if sold through a general wholesaler to the entire industry - not only because so many will not support pp and their subsidiaries such as pgd, but because it would be more widely available.

However, the response I received when we enquired about stocking their products was that they have a long term, satisfactory relationship with pp etc. That "relationship" is worth a lot of money to them, so it might take quite a lot to change their perspective.

As far as comparing Evo and Maximal - Evo is more similar in make up to Orijen, in my opinion. Maximal stands alone in all the foods I've used over the years, as in, it is not directly comparable to anything. As a high meat content, no grain, well balanced food, it appears to keep condition on a dog nicely, fill them well, provide plenty of energy and be generally well accepted. As always, it eventually comes down to what your own dog does best on.

Sags

:)

Sags, would you mind to elaborate why you think Maximal is so different from Evo/Orijen? All three foods have high meat content and no grain. So are you saying Maximal keeps condition on dog nicer than Evo/Orijen?

:laugh:

Hi Laffi,

Both Orijen (obviously no longer available) and Maximal keep weight on dogs really well. The comparison was more to do with the actual ingredients.

Orijen and Evo are both multi animal protein foods - Maximal uses just chicken.

That makes it, to my understanding, the only single protein, no grain dry food in this country right now (please someone correct me if I've overlooked something!). Ziwipeak does have two single protein foods but it is air dried rather than a kibble.

I love the grain free foods but as with any food, they won't suit every dog.

Sags

Although I would prefer not to be supporting PP indirectly by purchasing my Evo from PGD, at the end of the day my dogs are doing really well on the food and that is what I care about the most. My younger bitch in particular has a bit of trouble keeping weight on, but she looks absolutely fabulous at the moment.

Although I would prefer not to be supporting PP indirectly by purchasing my Evo from PGD, at the end of the day my dogs are doing really well on the food and that is what I care about the most. My younger bitch in particular has a bit of trouble keeping weight on, but she looks absolutely fabulous at the moment.

Well that's what it all about, feeding your a food that agrees with it. I personally don't care if the food I feed is from a Pets Paradise off chute. It's all about getting the right food that suits your dog.

Just looking at Maximal for one of mine, is there anywhere to purchase sample packs or small bags to start out with ? I want to try it on a fussy Whippet

Warls, if you contact these guys they will happily send you out a sample pack:

http://www.artemispetfood.com.au/

Artemis also comes in bags that are just over 1kg which are good for trying it out before getting a bigger bag.

Why not support them in purchasing dog food etc., It may just get the message through to PP that people will not purchase off them when they sell pets under the PP banner. The minute they start sell cats and dogs tell them why and then go elsewhere.

because they sell other pets and do a bloody bad job at that too .. apparently a one foot blue tongue is fine in a 2 foot fish tank and on sand substrate :thumbsup:

There are other alternatives. If people rallied together they would soon realise that selling ANY animals is not the way to go.